Sign in to follow this  
bigsky2

Favorite Trail Cams

I think Ive been buying PX12s for about $60. I could be wrong since I dont pay much attention to the brands, and just watch for price tags.

There's a bunch on camofire .com right now. A few under $100.

Stealth cam g30. About $79 on Amazon. I have several of them. Good quality, never had an issue with them.

I have some of the 6MP Tasco's from Wally World that work fine. My others are Brownings.

All we run are Covert cameras awesome cameras haven't had any issues with any of them in 3 years knock on wood.

Most manufacturers seem to be making better cams over the last few years. The ones I had stolen were not all that great but now I mostly have $80 moultrie cameras and I am satisfied. Reliable, long battery life and picture quality is pretty good. I just need to do a better job of finding places with more animals.

If you check your cams often then your options are widespread but if you pack cameras in deep and leave them for 6-8 months at a time then I highly recommend Browning. I have a few other cameras that ive found that I really like but very few brands outside of reconyx and Browning have an entire lineup that I wouldn't mind owning. Even Browning cheapest cameras are good. My biggest problem with almost every other camera brand is that my cards get filled up with blank pictures. I've always just thought that was part of the gig, but after trying Brownings I realize that I don't have to tolerate a bunch of false triggers.

• Like 2

Spypoint Tiny cam which are on Camofire quite a bit. We have banged them around pretty good in the back of the UTV, put them in snow and in the desert heat and still working over the last 4 or 5 years.

I have had the best luck with browning. They are a little pricey but very good. I also like stealth. I put electrical tape on the sides of the sensor and only leave the middle 1/3 open and that has helped a lot to cut down on false pics with the stealth. I have had several browning up for 6 months in very grassy areas with no tape and very few false pics. Plus the pics and videos are great. They were around 100-110 bucks though. The stealth are around 60 to 70 that I have. The tape has really helped.