fireplanes

what rifle for me 14 year daughter ?

I would say the 7-08 as well. My 10 year old son shot a elk, deer and javi. last year with his. All were one shot kills. The round preformed very well.  

I vote for the 7-08, I know someone who has used one for a couple of decades in Colorado for everything and I have never heard him complain about it.

If you scroll down to page 14 in the link below there is a husband/wife who both shoot the 7-08 and have taken quit a few elk with the cartridge.

https://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?269890-Experiences-with-Nosler-Accubonds-in-30-06

Took my tall, but thin 13 year old daughter to the range last week. She was shooting my 1955 fwt 243, 85 BTHP @ 3000 and she was not a fan.

Fireplanes, what did you decide/purchase since your post 3 months ago?

My post on "rifle for wife" may be appropriate is you are still looking.  

I have been hunting deer with my youth size .243 since 2002. Awesome gun. Accurate. Cheap to shoot and not very much recoil. IMO if you have a muzzle brake on a rifle you should consider a smaller caliber.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 11:47 AM, firstcoueswas80 said:

Took my tall, but thin 13 year old daughter to the range last week. She was shooting my 1955 fwt 243, 85 BTHP @ 3000 and she was not a fan.

Assuming MOD70? Did it still have steel butplate?

Ya , we just put a muzzle brake on my friends daughters .243 as well because she didn't like the recoil either. 

Not a lot of choices for kids to take a big game animal with,  if they are  small in stature.

Put a brake on it Casey.... or a can.