Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Sous vide elk burger

Not much to say but dang sous vide burger is a fine way to enjoy elk meat, I think I'm going to scrap my plans for summer sausage and burger that meat instead.

2 hours at 132 degrees then quick sear in cast iron pan.

post-10379-0-42712400-1530844924_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Wow! 2

Awesome as usual, MPH!

I assume you had the patty pre-packed in a good bag for the 2 hours? I cook half my game steaks sous vide, but never a burger.

Ya man you have to try the burger, I patted out patties and seasoned well then vacuum sealed and sous vide for 2 hours at 132 then a nice hot super hot sear with cast iron pan and torch then cheese and torch that too, dang now I want another one.

Good news is I made an extra for work lunch and I'll tell you it's still nice and pink out of the microwave and tastes great.

• Like 1

Looks really good. Never thought about doing a sous vide burger, but definitely something I'd like to try. Your previous post on elk pastrami motivated me to try one. I have an elk roast that's been in the brine for 7 days. Pulling it tomorrow and then in a smoker over oak until it hits about 150*.

• Like 1

Never heard of sous vide.....dang you. Now I have to go buy a sous vide machine. Watched a couple videos when I am hungry. Not a good idea.

Never heard of sous vide.....dang you. Now I have to go buy a sous vide machine. Watched a couple videos when I am hungry. Not a good idea.

Take a good look at the new joule sous vide, really great deal, I picked one up used but they are pretty reasonable new. My main machine is an all in one unit that was 350.00 bucks and is limited on capacity. At that time it was one of 2 options besides commercial units that were 500.00 plus. The joule can be used in any container and I even did mine in a cooler (YETTI) with a big roast.

For recipe look at sous vide everything on YouTube, that dude rocks and has it dialed.

The sous vide in general is an amazing tool! I bought the $99 Anova model on amazon and use it at least 4 days per week if not more. Makes it simple to prepare in the morning, my wife tosses it in the water that afternoon that way when I get home from work we're just a quick sear away from an amazing dinner every night. Try vegetables in it, you won't be sorry!

LOL. I bet it was fantastic.

Temps in Phoenix are almost 132 degrees for two hours. Maybe you would call it medium rare.