Sign in to follow this  
roadbomber1

Warne rings?

I just purchased a couple sets of warne mountain tech rings from sportsmans and had them installed there on picatinny rails to make sure I got the right ring heights. I haven't had any issues with them but told a buddy that they were good rings so he got a pair and brought them over for me to mount his scope, when I put them on his picatinny rail I noticed they had a lot of slop in them (before tightening them down). I went and got my calipers and checked the center bar that sets in the rail and noticed that it was only .160" thick and the slot in the rail is .205" I thought that was odd so I pulled my scopes to check the rings and rail and same thing. He had a pair of vortex precision rings on his other rifle and I checked those and they were .200 which is a perfect fit. I ordered some seekins so hopefully they will be a tighter fit, I only went out twice and shot with the warne rings and never lost my zero but being .60 off just concerns me that they could move possibly shooting a magnum. Just wondering if anybody has ever had an issue with the warne rings and to give other people a heads up on them. They say they are good for weaver style and picatinny rails so I figure that's why they aren't precisise for picatinny.

They are set up for a Weaver mount as well as Picatinny rail. Weaver fits in Picatinny, but Picatinney crossbar will not fit in Weaver bases.

No issues. Push them forward and tight against the front of the groove. Tighten them down to spec and run them.

• Like 2

^^^what he said. They can be somewhat challenging to mount in comparison to other styles, but once you have your scope leveled torque to specs and they are pretty much bombproof.

• Like 1

Ya they fit in just fine scope lined up perfect once I torqued them to the 60"lb they never moved but knowing that now I would've spent the extra 50$ and went with badger, seekins, vortex precision, or nightforce, to get a tighter fit. I will still keep them on the rifles and they should still last a lifetime but from here on out I will just spend the extra cash for a little better ones.

^^^what he said. They can be somewhat challenging to mount in comparison to other styles, but once you have your scope leveled torque to specs and they are pretty much bombproof.

L.O.L. once it's leveled is the understatement of the year with Warne. 😂 man how frustrating they can be to set up