2018: What’s ur bull goal this year?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What kinda bull...

• Meat...any bull will do
    • Any branch antlered bull
    • Mature 6 pt or better
    • Mature bull but will settle for meat by the end of the hunt
    • Monster or nothing

22N archery late hunt. First time so be happy with anything legal to arrow.

In it for the meat and the experience!

• Like 1

First AZ tag so Im hoping to make it count. Gonna try and hold out for 350+

After gathering more info in scouting, hoping to be able to set a goal of 340+, but we'll see, depends on what bulls there are this year in my areas.

• Like 1

Raghorn. Think I voted 6 pt though. I have the 4b late archery. I'd be happy with a branch antlered bull of any kid.

My Nephew drew his first elk tag and I'm yet to draw (only been res. for 3 years). I'm just hoping to find him a bull!

Which tag did he draw?

My goal is to NOT hit one with my truck while driving. Since no one in my family has a tag this year.

Nothing for this year as I don't have a tag. With archery over here it is an ES tag, I am a meat hunter, so first elk to get in range is what I usually take. Doesn't have to be a bull because all I see are plates of cooked elk.

• Like 1

Nothing for this year as I don't have a tag. With archery over here it is an ES tag, I am a meat hunter, so first elk to get in range is what I usually take. Doesn't have to be a bull because all I see are plates of cooked elk.

I drew a rifle Valle Vidal bull tag back in the mid-90s... that was a truly awesome hunt! Hit the weather/elk perfect that year, but the poor archers that September had a tough time of it as the bulls had only started to bugle some. By the time our season came around (early October as I recall), the bulls were in a full-out rut! I took an average 6x the first morning after chasing/being between 4 separate herds all morning... it was AWESOME!

Some of the most beautiful elk habitat/country I've ever had the privilege to hunt too.

• Like 1

I have always wanted a big 5x5

Would rather shoot a 320 5x5

than a 340 6x

I drew a rifle Valle Vidal bull tag back in the mid-90s... that was a truly awesome hunt! Hit the weather/elk perfect that year, but the poor archers that September had a tough time of it as the bulls had only started to bugle some. By the time our season came around (early October as I recall), the bulls were in a full-out rut! I took an average 6x the first morning after chasing/being between 4 separate herds all morning... it was AWESOME!

Some of the most beautiful elk habitat/country I've ever had the privilege to hunt too.

I drew a muzzle loader hunt in Marquez WMA in 2007. There were only five tags and one went to NR so I was one of four residents.I know what you are talking about as the elk were bugling like mad Oct. 13th when I killed my bull. The problem was talking to the G&F biologist most genetics in the area are 5X5 bulls. So when my friend and I saw this bull my hunt was over 30 minutes of opening morning. He was walking around a bedded cow bugling his head off when we found him, he made the fatal mistake of following the cow down the draw we were in. He was very tasty.

• Like 1

Hoping to give every client a shot at something 350+ this year..