Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

AES- Volunteer water haulers

Thinking about helping out a few weekends.

Has anyone done this? Is my F250 6.0 diesel big enough for what they want me to haul into the backcountry?

I talked to Steve with AES last week. He said that they are waiting on 3 more water trailers that are being built before he needs any help. Said all the trailers they have are currently being used but would let me know when the new ones are complete. I’ll keep you posted when I hear

Ok thanks guys. I also submitted the form on the AES website.

Thank you to all the volunteers and those that want to help.

90% of where we are hauling in in Units 9-7W-7E-5BN, For the rest of this week we are taking a break during the rain storms. It is muddy in some of the areas. It does sound like Unit 9 did not get very much precipitation so we will be concentrating there probably the end of the week or this weekend. As far as the needs we have for the volunteers we do have a couple of 1000 gallon tank trailers - these will need a 3/4 or 1 ton 4WD truck to haul, for the 500 gallon we need at least a 1/2 ton 4WD. In each case the driver needs to have experience hauling trailers off road. It is very rocky and many of the roads are in disrepair so experience is good. The best thing to do if you want to help is go to this link and fill out the info...https://arizonaelksociety.org/water-for-wildlife-volunteer-form

• Like 2

Thank you to all the volunteers and those that want to help.

90% of where we are hauling in in Units 9-7W-7E-5BN, For the rest of this week we are taking a break during the rain storms. It is muddy in some of the areas. It does sound like Unit 9 did not get very much precipitation so we will be concentrating there probably the end of the week or this weekend. As far as the needs we have for the volunteers we do have a couple of 1000 gallon tank trailers - these will need a 3/4 or 1 ton 4WD truck to haul, for the 500 gallon we need at least a 1/2 ton 4WD. In each case the driver needs to have experience hauling trailers off road. It is very rocky and many of the roads are in disrepair so experience is good. The best thing to do if you want to help is go to this link and fill out the info...https://arizonaelksociety.org/water-for-wildlife-volunteer-form

Since we have had to concentrate on water hauling a lot of the normal catchment repair and maintenance has been neglected and there are lots of other areas that can use and need volunteers. As mentioned above fill out the form listing what you're comfortable doing so they can contact you when the need arises.

• Like 1

I just upgraded my truck as well, Sitting at the dealer, signing paper work I mentioned wanting to volunteer to help with this as well. I was quite surprised that my lady was super excited about wanting to get active with this as well.

With turning 40, and a road trip (that we just got back from) now, I want to at least get my name on a list to help haul water also.

Thanks for the post.

What about the guys that have their own truck and water trailer, a guy I know has signed up two different times on the web sight to help out and nobody has ever contacted him

What about the guys that have their own truck and water trailer, a guy I know has signed up two different times on the web sight to help out and nobody has ever contacted him

I would just go fill some tanks that will benefit you then.

• Like 2