Sign in to follow this  
rnhunter

Winchester 25-20 Ammo

My dad was recently able to buy back his moms WInchester .25-20 lever action rifle that she used to shoot and hunt a little with, I had never even heard of the cartridge. Wondering if anyone has any information on where to find some ammo or brass to reload for this cartridge. Thanks!

It appears that Midway and Cheaper than dirt has loaded ammo. A few shooters use that cartridge for lever action silhouette.

• Like 1

As much as I don't like them because they price gouge, Legendary Guns in Phoenix probably has the ammo on the shelf.

• Like 2

Cool cartridge. Not a lot of practical use but neat anyhow. I got one from my grandpa, a Winchester model 53. I was gonna try to fill a whitetail tag with it in ND and then got to looking at the velocity of the 86gr bullet and decided it wasnt enough!! I think the hole in the Horn (old world record eastern whitetail) was killed with a 25-20 though!!

Just curious, Which one did he pick up? I have a 1892 win (I think it is a 1910 serial number). Fun round to plink with that I've always wanted to varmint call with just to say I shot something with it. A homer bucket at 50 yards doesn't stand a chance!

they are cool little rifles I have one I killed a coues buck with it about 15 years ago

Just curious, Which one did he pick up? I have a 1892 win (I think it is a 1910 serial number). Fun round to plink with that I've always wanted to varmint call with just to say I shot something with it. A homer bucket at 50 yards doesn't stand a chance!

I didn't pay to much attention to it. Ill double check the model and get back with you.My uncle re-blued the barrel and worked the stock, it looks fantastic!

Cool cartridge. Not a lot of practical use but neat anyhow. I got one from my grandpa, a Winchester model 53. I was gonna try to fill a whitetail tag with it in ND and then got to looking at the velocity of the 86gr bullet and decided it wasnt enough!! I think the hole in the Horn (old world record eastern whitetail) was killed with a 25-20 though!!

You are thinking of the Jordan Buck. The 25-20 generates less than 500FT#'s and is actually no longer legal in Wisconsin where the buck was taken. I believe the buck was shot a bunch of times. Still the World Record Typical at over 200" for over 80 years. Lot of story around it.

You are thinking of the Jordan Buck. The 25-20 generates less than 500FT#'s and is actually no longer legal in Wisconsin where the buck was taken. I believe the buck was shot a bunch of times. Still the World Record Typical at over 200" for over 80 years. Lot of story around it.

You are right. Just remember reading a story when I was a kid about it and thinking that I should take the 25-20 deer hunting since the world record was killed with it!!!

Three boxes of 50ct Remington Core-Lokts at Cabela's Glendale for 67.99 each right now.

• Like 1