On 7/11/2022 at 12:05 PM, 611Lightnin' said:

Thanks Jeff, 

What was your main strategy for glassing up bucks in the thick valleys? I plan on shooting north & south on tadpole ridge and trying to glass into the various valleys off of it. Thanks again!

Glass every little opening you can! Yes, it is thick but glass into the thick stuff anyway. Be patient because your glassing skills will be tested!

I believe the tadpole ridge/sheep corral area burned 2 years ago. I wanted to check it out last year but never made it. I have glassed some of the area from the other side on my 2018 hunt and all I could find was mulies.  I would stick with your plan with a backup spot or 2.

Also, I would re-figure still hunting up a valley, those deer will see you or smell you first and be long gone. Glassing is the best plan.

Jeff

Hey all, I got a couse hunt in unit 24 New Mexcio. I have never hunted the area and was wondering where a good place to start is. I only have a few days to hunt but willing to go anywhere! the hunt is 03 dec - 11 dec

11 hours ago, cohntr6 said:

How is the hunting going, rhett?

Something tells me we'll never see rhett again

• Haha 2

Bringing up this old thread. 

I drew this tag for the hunt in January and I was hoping to sit a waterhole with my recurve. But I was told a lot of the water is frozen by then. I know it’s upper elevation in that unit but the deer gotta drink somewhere. I’m surprised it may get that cold.

How did your muzz hunt go last year, 611?

NM was not kind to me this year 😭

Jeff

• Like 1

Are you able to do any scouting HuntAz199? What is your hunt dates?

Jeff