Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Watch Guys Step Inside

I have a few citizen Skyhawks, and a Bulova precisionist. Not a Rolex, but nice watches for about 1K.

• Like 1

I have a Casio that I picked up from Wal-Mart, with tax and everything it was probably under thirty bucks. It's kind of a pain though when the Navy calls me when their Atomic clock is off and they are looking for the correct time.

• Like 3

Coming from the viewpoint of someone who does not own a watch and refuses to wear one. Are there other items that you would enjoy owning and your son would enjoy memories of you when he carried or used the item? A custom rifle? A high end shotgun? A nice pistol? A high end optic? I have an old Winchester single shot .22 from the 1930's that belonged to my grandfather. It isn't worth much but I always have great memories of him when I take it out for squirrel or rabbit. It is the rifle I learned to shoot with.

• Like 5

Can't go to broke or wrong with a nice Tag Heuer, I know Costco used to sell these. The Link series is a really nice style. My wife and I got these for each other as wedding gifts.

When my Dad passed away I supposedly inherited his Rolex. My brother got the life insurance. When it showed up it was ticking like a timebomb. My Dad was either a total sucker or my stepmother thinks I am. Not worth fighting over and I have hardly mentioned it but thought you guys might get a kick out of that. If you knew me that is just how stuff goes for me. On the brightside I also inherited his Wilson Bros era Black Widow recurve which is priceless to me and worth more to me than any old watch. Take that for what its worth!

• Like 4

If I could afford it I would have a Rolly on my arm and be pouring Chandon

less hookers and booze! A salesman needs a Rolex, makes them look trustworthy.
He might could have one for each arm.

I have an Omega for sale. It's an early Constellation.

Company has been around 170 years and was adopted by many nations militaries and NASA. Official time keeping device in the Olympics. Neil Armstrong wore one on the moon as did Kennedy in Dallas. Had to get to Dealy Plaza on time, you know.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_SApost-11051-0-38303000-1531778138_thumb.jpeg

Tags are nice. Rolex is a Rolex. Check out Oris for a quality timepiece that is well known among watch collectors and doesn't have that huge markup..

I bought a Tag dive watch in 1989 and it is on my wrist now. It never loses a second and has been an awesome watch. I can get it wet when fishing or hunting and no big deal. It has never been cleaned and has been down 130 feet many times when diving. If I see a salesman with a Rolex at my shop I send him packing.

• Like 1

My brother in law used to be a high end watch salesman. The thing that's funny about that is he could never afford what they carried in the cases. But he did know his materials, and was required to buy a "brand they carried".. He might be able to help answer some questions at least if not give you some leads on the ones he likes.