azstyle58

Backpacks

You looking for a day pack or bigger, price $100.00 to $500.00. There are many to choose from, for the price and killer warranty I like badlands, I'm shore I'll get laughed at but they work for me.

• Like 1

Depends on what you plan on doing with it. My first consideration is I wanted to carry a water bladder with 2-3 liters of water. Second I wanted to organize my gear to have along. Kill kit with game bags, first aid kit, small survival items, snacks, tp and wipes, etc.. Then this year I got serious about a meat hauler. I would have bought a new Mystery Ranch Metcalf pack but Cabelas had their Alaskan I and bag on sale for around $100. I just use the bag I have now and secure it to the external frame of the Alaskan without their bag on it.

If you want to pack back into the far hills for a week then there are better options than what I have. I just use mine as a daypack with the ability to pack out a quarter on the first trip.

• Like 1

I like the Badlands only complaint with them is plastic zippers.

Mine has gone back several times and needs it again.

Their warranty is great but I really wish I never had to use it.

No pack, knife in pocket. Small log with skewered quarters over your shoulder and your hunting partner

I hunt solo. You know what they say about keeping a secret? If more than one person knows about it it's not a secret.

• Like 1

No pack, knife in pocket. Small log with skewered quarters over your shoulder and your hunting partner

Love it. It's so simple would love to see a pic of it so my over complicating brain can get it. LOL.

Also there are a lot of great threads on this. I like Outdoorsmans packs but there are plenty of good choices (and bad ones!).

• Like 1

Hornhunter full curl Is what I use & really like it. I also have the full curl system for backpack hunts. These packs are way underrated IMO!!!

Love it. It's so simple would love to see a pic of it so my over complicating brain can get it. LOL.

Also there are a lot of great threads on this. I like Outdoorsmans packs but there are plenty of good choices (and bad ones!).

Think of roasting something on a spit. The two guys take up the ends and there is no fire underneath. The old school eastern method to get deer out of the woods. You don't have your hunting partner skewered and over your shoulder. Maybe that is why trphyhntr's spots are "secret" :D

• Like 1