azstyle58

Backpacks

Ive used a Kifaru for four full seasons now and dont at all regret that purchase. I backpack in frequently so having a pack that can carry camp and part of an animal at once is a must for me. If you intend to carry heavy loads (i.e. hunting solo or with only one buddy) then investing in a top notch pack is worth it IMO. I have tried Kifaru, Exo and Mystery Ranch packs and would recommend any of them. As HH said Stone Glacier also has a great reputation but I havent got my hands on one yet.

If your still looking to get a pack and are interested in the Badlands PM me...

I use a small pack for my solo elk hunts. My unit has roads all over it so basically hike a mile in and a half mile up for the morning and hunt a waterhole in the evening. I carry a headlamp, gps, two buck knives, a small diamond sharpener, a folding saw, a small tarp and my game bags in my pack. I carry my rangefinder and bow. I can cut an elk up fairly fast after skinning. I bag all the quarters and boned out meat and carry it all downhill to the nearest road. I have a pack frame on my quad if I need it. At 69 I am not hiking in 5 miles any longer. I have a bull tag this fall so hoping it goes like my other hunts and I don't stroke out or get eaten by a lion.

• Like 1