Sign in to follow this  
Hoss50

12AE Logistics

Hi Guys,

I have not been to the north side of the great ditch since I was a kid. Now I have a hunt up there in October/Nov and I have a couple questions.

1. Do any of the game processors have a trailer up there for storage & processing? Do they do good work? I don't really want to have to drive back to forth to Flagstaff in the middle of the hunt if my buddy or I haven't tagged out at similar times.

2. Trailer/Campgrounds - I will probably have a 22' trailer with me to camp in. It looks like the campgrounds will be closed by then. Where is a good place to look at camping?

3. Does Jacobs Lake or any other nearby areas have diesel fuel? My main form of transpo will be my diesel pickup.

4. What else should I know? I am going to scout, but I would like to get some info before I head up.

1. Do any of the game processors have a trailer up there for storage & processing? Do they do good work? I don't really want to have to drive back to forth to Flagstaff in the middle of the hunt if my buddy or I haven't tagged out at similar times.

Just bring a cooler with ice and quarter it out. It’ll get cool enough you may even be able to hang the meat. No meat trucks up there.

2. Trailer/Campgrounds - I will probably have a 22' trailer with me to camp in. It looks like the campgrounds will be closed by then. Where is a good place to look at camping? You can find spots on all the main roads. 200 and 205 are good.

3. Does Jacobs Lake or any other nearby areas have diesel fuel? My main form of transpo will be my diesel pickup.

Yes at Jacob lake.

4. What else should I know? I am going to scout, but I would like to get some info before I head up. Be ready for hot or snowy weather.

I have never seen a processor trailer up there.

Plenty of dispersed dry camping spots. The good ones fill up fast. I usually camp off the 205.

Jacob's Lake and Demotte Park (halfway to the North Rim) both have diesel, but they are proud of it. Be prepared to pay $.50-1.00 more a gallon than the Valley.

Talk to someone who has hunted in in the past and hope they give you some good starting points. I won't give them out on an open forum for all to see....

• Like 4

Hoss50, Shoot me a text or a give me a call. I will be up there around the same time and could help you out a little

480-358-5193

Tanner

• Like 1

a deer qtr'd up will fit in a cooler, use frozen water bottles for ice so meat isn't soaking in water, I always rolled down the hill to Fredonia to fill up

Miller's SW was up there the year my stepson had a youth hunt maybe a few years ago at the ADA Youth Clinic Camp. Might want to check with them.