THREEDFLYER

What rifle caliber is most common for coues deer hunting in AZ?

On 8/13/2018 at 11:56 AM, northAZarcher said:

Hopefully this year it will be a 410 grain Easton axis with a rage broadhead!

6.5 creedmoor is the latest that I am really liking right now. But any big game cartridge will do that you shoot well.

I figured there would be more jumping up and down about this rifle.  Its what I'm using this year and I've never been more accurate. 

On 8/22/2018 at 11:11 PM, wildwoody said:

300rum, you hit them in the  toe and they die..

300 rum is over kill.  Destroys the cape and half the meat.  People that need to compensate for something often shoot them.   You would be better off with something like a 6.5 cal.... PRC, SAUM, Creedmoor etc.   

• Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 8:11 PM, davehc130 said:

300 rum is over kill.  Destroys the cape and half the meat.  People that need to compensate for something often shoot them.   You would be better off with something like a 6.5 cal.... PRC, SAUM, Creedmoor etc.   

🙄

11 hours ago, AZ Wildcat said:

🙄

He is the damage a 300rum does.  I had to fix this for my buddy.  Told him next time try not to use the cannon!!!!!

3B301EDC-5B23-4C3E-824B-26B3D584E5F0.jpeg

Dave agree 300 rum is big for coues.  Maybe thats the only gun they have, they shoot best with or just wanted to use that gun.  But using condescending remarks like compensating for something and bringing down hunters who like the way they hunt and not your way is just rude.  

• Like 1

On 8/27/2018 at 10:23 AM, davehc130 said:

He is the damage a 300rum does.  I had to fix this for my buddy.  Told him next time try not to use the cannon!!!!!

I really don’t think it’s the cartridge that’s the problem. It’s not matching the bullet to the situation. 

I am willing to bet he used a frangible bullet at a closer range and hit shoulder bone or the spine? 

That why love America, you can use what you want, never had a problem with a barns destroying a cape, and I guess it helps when your dads a taxidermist. Like your opinion matters to me dave, I also like my 270 weatherby mag, can't wait to try my hells canyon long range 6.5 Creedmoor 

10 minutes ago, MMACFIVE said:

I really don’t think it’s the cartridge that’s the problem. It’s not matching the bullet to the situation. 

I am willing to bet he used a frangible bullet at a closer range and hit shoulder bone or the spine? 

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:23 AM, davehc130 said:

Looks like bad shoot placement..

I shot a coues a few years ago with my 338 lapua. Cape was great. He even looks good on my wall. There was a lot of internal damage but all in the ribs. Not much wasted meat. Bought my GF a 6.5 cm last year and she killed a muley buck with it. Shoots great, but was not at all impressed with terminal performance. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I shot a coues a few years ago with my 338 lapua. Cape was great. He even looks good on my wall. There was a lot of internal damage but all in the ribs. Not much wasted meat. Bought my GF a 6.5 cm last year and she killed a muley buck with it. Shoots great, but was not at all impressed with terminal performance. 

6.5 bullet and yardage if you don't mind?