Sign in to follow this  
JLG

M1 Garand and 400 rounds of M-2 ammo ......price amended.....delivery options

As luck would have it I figured out how to deleted a post this evening 😁. So that said my M1 made in September 1942 at Springfield Armory is still for sale with 400 rounds of M-2 ammo..

I bounce between Payson and Buckeye so delivery is also an option if you are established on here ... price is $1100... Please PM with interest, Thank you JLG.

post-2199-0-39842800-1532065392_thumb.jpg

post-2199-0-52995200-1532065433_thumb.jpg

post-2199-0-76134600-1532065479_thumb.jpg

post-2199-0-53422900-1532065519_thumb.jpg

Bump

I've had fun with a Garand and was thinking about getting one through the CMP, but they are heavy darn things and it's not like I'd take it hunting so never got one.

They definately give you the feeling that if you run out of ammo you can bash the skulls of your enemy until you get more rounds..a robust gun it is...they are alot of fun to shoot and it's fun to listen to the ping of the enbloc as it ejects from the gun... a true piece of American Military history... I did briefly entertain setting it up to deer or elk hunt with, make an awesome story, on par with using your great great grandfather's 45-70 or 1894 Winchester Saddle gun for a hunt for nostalgia or reverance to those who have gone before us...

• Like 3

Weekend Bump, grab it on Friday while you still have cash before you pay your bills, bills will always be there, Garands, hmmmm.....

When you getting back ?

Did you draw fall tags

I wish I could talk my wife into letting me get this. I want a '42 Springfield to go with my '56 H&R!

Great rifle!

• Like 2

What makes a 42 Springfield special, Thanks....

What makes a 42 Springfield special? WORLD WAR II BEGAN Dec 8 1941 when US declared War on Japan it Wasn't until 1942 that fighting involving US began in earnest. That's what. Know your history. WW II actual started in Europe in 1939 and ended in 1945.

The last Great Generation. Those Men were Tough be grateful they were here for us.

What makes a 42 Springfield special, Thanks....

My answer is much simpler. I want a 42 Springfield because its from WWII. I'd also be happy with a '43, '44, or '45 because they're all WWII era. Like my 1903, I have a very specific set of parameters that I'm looking for. I want a Springfiel or Winchester, which were the only two WWII manufacturers. IHC and H&R started making Garands at the onset of the Korean War. Winchesters are harder to come by and cost quite a bit more. Springfields are rock solid and one of the longest running manufacturers of military rifles, which is why I'd like to have one. When it all boils down, I want a WWII M1 go go with my Korean-era Garand, much the same as I want a 1903A3 (certain manufacturers only) to compliment my 1918 Springfield 1903. If I had the extra cash laying around, I'd pay you full price and never bat an eye!

What makes a 42 Springfield special? WORLD WAR II BEGAN Dec 8 1941 when US declared War on Japan it Wasn't until 1942 that fighting involving US began in earnest. That's what. Know your history. WW II actual started in Europe in 1939 and ended in 1945.

The last Great Generation. Those Men were Tough be grateful they were here for us.

Thanks for the History Lesson Professor. Remember that this is a Coues Hunting site so drop the grumpy lecture attitude. BTW in my limited experience firearms collecting a

general date like the start of war has not made any import on collectability. Its specifics like did that Sharps Carbine or Colt Revolver come from the factory in time to be at Gettysburg? Did that Sharps rifle fit the serial number range to be issued to Berdan's Sharpshooters? Was that SPFD 1903 manufactured in time to go to France for WWI? For a Garand one would ask, could that rifle have been at The Battle of the Bulge? Or like IA Born said was it manufactured in the war timeframe at all.

• Like 1