Cloninger

Introduction Jim Cloninger

Hello, My name is Jim Cloninger and I just joined this forum. I am 78 years old and suffer from Lumbar Stenosis so I have trouble walking. I live in northern California. I have done a fair amount of big game hunting when I was younger, mostly in Wyoming, Oregon and New Mexico, but I am afraid my big game hunting is over. My last hunt was a Pronghorn hunt in Oregon. I finally drew a non-resident Pronghorn tag after 14 years. Even though I couldn't walk very good, I was not going to throw away 14 years of applying. I got a disabled hunter permit which allowed me to kill a nice 14" buck. I have a lot of top-of-the-line hunting gear and hundreds of hunting books. Some of the gear is still new because I never got around to using it. I am trying to sell some of my gear and books in the classified forum so other hunters can enjoy them as I have and so they don't end up in an estate sale when I die. I will be posting in the classified forum from time to time, so take a look. Thanks, Jim

• Like 8

Welcome, Jim and thanks for your candor! We'll look forward to your contributions on this forum.

Welcome to CWT.com! It was very gentlemanly of you to introduce yourself and give us some background. (In today's world, people are understandably cautious when someone's first post is to sell something.)

Although your hunting days may be over, as long as you can make it to a computer you'll be able log on to CWT.com and experience other people's hunts vicariously. And, hopefully, you'll share some of your hunting experiences gleaned over the last eight decades. I bet you've learned a thing or two.

Again, welcome.

• Like 4

Be careful and dont give out your address on this site or you will have the crooks that watch this site sneaking around your house. Because you live in Cali there are other things for you to beware of.

• Like 1

Welcome to the site Jim. Sorry to hear that most of your hunting days are behind you. I know you mentioned you'd be selling off some stuff, but I am sure there are plenty of folks on here that would appreciate hearing about some of your hunting stories, so feel free to share those as well.

• Like 2

Glad to hear you found the CWT website... If there's one thing I've learned it is that some of you more experienced guys should never be counted out of the race just because of age... hopefully we will soon be hearing about your having completed another successful hunt......

• Like 1