Sign in to follow this  
Yuma Outdoorsman

Mittry Lake Frog Fish

Ive caught some big fish at Mittry this year on frogs. Yesterday, I went out and caught 5 before a morning storm blew me and the bass tracker I was in off the lake. I got a little video of the biggest one that weighed 6.3. Not the greatest video quality but just something to share. Never loaded a video off my phone before so hope it works.

4B4A1DCD-E5BF-44EA-86BD-69383896CBAF.MOV

post-12597-0-59249400-1532300586_thumb.png

• Like 4

Awesome video! I used to live in Yuma for a couple years. I still go fish there all the time. Mittry and the river are two of my favorite places to fish. We have caught some toads down there.

Sorry guys, when I get to my office tomorrow, I can post a better video. In the mean time, here are some other frog fish from this year at Mittry. The one with a picture of 4 fish are 4 different fish I caught on a Booyah Toadrunner in about an hour one day. First time I had ever thrown it. The single fish is one over 9lbs I got a Spro Bronzeye 65. If any of you live in Arizona, you gotta get down to Yuma late April-June and come frog fish Mittry. Those are the months I typically do best.

post-12597-0-34991800-1532318897_thumb.png

post-12597-0-04768300-1532318967_thumb.png

• Like 3

Awesome fish!! Did you ever harvest that buck on your videos on youtube?

Thanks for watching fellas. It's tougher to get fish on camera solo than I thought haha.

ivhunter- No unfortunately we were not able to find him once the season came.