Sign in to follow this  
hoghntr

Foot operation done!

Could use some prayers if for no other reason cuz sitting still is making me crazy. Doc decided to leave 3 metatarsal heads since im only 46 so glad i had that chat with her prior. She gives me a "i hope i can make it 75% better"

Achilles lengthened, scar tissue from Va docs removed but their botch job may have lasting effects. Big toe joint removed and fused from old break on ship that was never casted since military couldnt seem to decide if it was broken. 2nd metatarsal head removed that i destroyed 10 years ago or so and had 4 or 5 reconstructions on + artificial joint they had implanted in there had dislocated 1-2 years back allowing toe and metatarsal to fuse so all that has been removed and i guess toe will float.

This i is gonna be a long healing time! Wife has had to take leave from work so i can just sit in recliner for 1st 2 weeks. Im super thankful cuz when i move it does truly feel as if big toe is screwed together 😬 supposedly 2 months no weight bearing so prayers needed to keep me focused on recovery. And once therapy starts i will need discipline like nothing i have had in years.

Thankful i still have a foot. 👍

Thank you, Mike

• Like 6

If you need help around the house let us know.

• Like 2

Good luck buddy. Those days and weeks sitting in the chair can be long, but better days ahead.

Right.. My butt is getting sore from sitting! L.O.L. wife is feeding me well though she hooked up striped bass tacos the other day and blackberry pie both from last seasons bounty. 👍👍👍

Honestly pretty crazy gotta keep this leg up cuz 2 minutes below heart and she be a pounding and swelling. 8 days down...

Thanks for the Prayers. 👍 Sad cuz i was taking stepson to Wapiti weekend this weekend but did manage to get my wife to agree to taking him 👍

• Like 1

Let's see some pictures of that bad boy...

Normally i get curious and unwrap within 3 days but this time i am not touching till my follow up. :) of course part of my usual unwrap and re-wrap is Va does not wrap so well but in this case CORE did quite well so no need to address loose bandages. + i will have incisions in at least 4 areas i believe and not equipped to deal with that, docs get pissed when you go back in with superhero bandaids on staples 😂 Im flashing back to after 1 of prior foot surgeries years ago where i went in for follow up with deer blood all over my walking cast and that did not go over well either since i was ordered not to walk on it yet. 😯 it was my sons 1st deer hunt I HAD TO GO!

Pics to come. ;) maybe a collage from over last 10-11 years of this foot and its initial injury and 6 or 7 surgeries now.

Guys this is only part military inflicted, my forefoot was from 200lb of corn and the weight of large tripod deer feeder (wasn't using the legs) falling from a pine tree onto my foot. To date the most difficult hike out of Gods Country for me.

Followed a post on here some months back and i was rather shocked how many of us get hurt out there. :(

post-2359-0-11333100-1532534393_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

My wife just had bone spurs removed from under her Achilles tendon on Friday. She is in a cast for the next 4 to 6 weeks. I feel for you after watching and helping her so far.

• Like 1

My wife just had bone spurs removed from under her Achilles tendon on Friday. She is in a cast for the next 4 to 6 weeks. I feel for you after watching and helping her so far.

I had that in the surgery that I had done in January unfortunately the VA just kind of treated symptoms they didn't fix the whole problem but they removed bone spurs from my heel and I tell you what I hate to say it cuz she's looking at the recovery time but 7 months later is when I had this surgery and I was very much still feeling that burning pain in my heel from having those removed. If you have tile floors in your house go buy her some Crocs so when she recovers she has a nice squishy shoes to walk around in for a while. :-) prayers for your wifey hope your recovery goes well.

Ouch hog..that looks like it's going to take a while. Take care

Feeling pretty good now 👍 I got a rifle Antelope tag donated to me for 19a so tick tock tick tock gotta make it work or be able to shoot real far. :) i have never killed a Lope.

• Like 2