Sign in to follow this  
stanley

Big Lake Fishing Report?

I was up before the 4th and caught easy limits on power bait. Need some help identifying this fish... small mouth like a rainbow, teeth, orange on fins, no pink side or red gill patch... Ed F

post-12418-0-94183000-1532535134_thumb.jpg

This is photo of male & female WY cuts. There are some differences but it could be a different sub-species issue or different time of year.

post-12418-0-18272500-1532534881_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Its a cutthroat. You asked for help with ID, got the correct answer, then said they were wrong? The reason the mouth is smaller is because you are comparing a 10 stocker to a 20 trout in spawning colors. Did you want someone to say its a rare and elusive apache-sitgreaves speckled land-locked salmon?

Thanks for setting me straight in CWT fashion... what a dick. I got 3 different answers. I searched the internet and couldn't find anything close to what that fish looked like. I'll disappear again... Ed F

Please don't dissapear. Just ignore the morons. This site will never have a chance if the good ones just give up.

Stanley keep us posted on how you do, I might be up there for the next few days fishing biglake as well.

Here is are a couple, one in the middle is a cut, the other 2 are rainbows.

post-2686-0-41585100-1532553464_thumb.jpeg

Same Fish second to the bottom on board

Last 2 I believe are cuts

post-2686-0-93002000-1532553592_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Got too busy, and am now just getting around to posting a report @Vowell!

So the fishing was pretty slow. Caught a couple on night crawlers out of the rental boat that I did one day. Then managed this one from shore one morning. Caught him on my favorite go-to trout spinner! Black rooster tail spinner!! Love those lures! ;) Spent most of my fishing time hiking/splashing up and down the Black River, and had a great time on mostly stockers there.

Rained every afternoon, and saw something like 300-400 elk over 5 days. Amazing time in the White Mountains with my boys. The best!

post-182-0-19008900-1533645503_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Nice sized fish.

Yep, he was a good one. Didn't measure, but thinking he was 18ish.... ;) Nice to know there are some good sized (and VERY tasty) hold-overs to be had in that lake. ;)

• Like 1

Nice sized fish.

Yep, he was a good one. Didn't measure, but thinking he was 18ish.... ;) Nice to know there are some good sized (and VERY tasty) hold-overs to be had in that lake. ;)

Never caught a trout bigger than 14" in AZ.

Nice sized fish.

you might be fishing the wrong lakes
  • Like 3

Nice sized fish.

you might be fishing the wrong lakes

I usually fish the rim lakes and only fished Big Lake once.

On the rim chevlon canyon produces some nice one. Back in June we caught a bunch 18-24” at ashurst

Very nice Stanley! Did much better than us. I was testing out the new boat out there and caught 2 smaller ones. Not sure if you seen us out there, I think we were the only boat out there with s Blue Binimi top. We only fished from 6am to about 9:30ish, thats when we saw the thunderheads rolling in. Good times for sure, on a side note we caught over 25 stockers at Nelsons in a few hours.

• Like 1