Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

2018 AZ Elk Deprivation Tag Archery Bull

My buddy got the call from AZ G&F about a deprivation (hope i spell right) tag in St.Johns AZ. Herd of elk was tearing up the ranchers land. He was able to connect on this narly bull. Love the full velvet.

post-9454-0-87007400-1532443642_thumb.jpegpost-9454-0-96369900-1532443668_thumb.jpeg

• Like 15

that's awesome congrats to him, i would love to get one of those calls to do that. I for sure would be getting that elk mounted in velvet like that

I know I could look in the regs, but remind me how this tag works...apply and you get the call whenever a hunt is determined? Do you pay up front or only when you get called? Awesome...

Those are cool hunts. A good friend of mine killed a nice 6 point on the round valley depredation hunt last week

These are population management hunts. Basically you turn in an app checking which species you are interested in hunting and AZGFD keeps it on file.

When they need some critters killed they pull names from the file randomly and call the applicants until they get enough people to say yes.

What is wrong with you??? You are making us who have tags in September wanting to go out now! STOP IT!

haha... seriously though, Congrats!

Awesome bull.

Just because nobody else did.....it's "depredation".....just so you know. Not trying to be a jerk.

It is a population management hunt, not a depredation hunt.

I always knew these hunts as depredation hunts and understood it to be additional hunts added when there is a need. I Decided to check the definition after the last couple comments and now Im confused too.

post-4673-0-41744500-1532622857_thumb.png

Anyone care to educate the uneducated?

Sweet bull by the way!

I always knew these hunts as depredation hunts and understood it to be additional hunts added when there is a need. I Decided to check the definition after the last couple comments and now Im confused too.

attachicon.gifDDED3856-1942-4BA8-96F3-C889BBA7B368.png

Anyone care to educate the uneducated?

Sweet bull by the way!

Now see, I read it entirely differently...

Since he was "deprived" of a traditional tag in the draw, it naturally become his "deprivation" tag! ;)

(& yes I'm bored...)

• Like 1

When I read deprivation hunt I figured this was another thread about naturebobs love life!! Sweet bull!!! I have a pipe dream to kill a velvet bull someday.

• Like 2