dpr64

Delorme inReach Explorer satellite tracker SOS unit

Can you send a custom text from it? Just asking because I know there are that you can

Yes you can...

Can you send a custom text from it? Just asking because I know there are that you can

Houston do you have one of these? Or something similar? Im getting interested now.

I've got one of these. Worth every penny. Custom messages. Preset messages. Link to your phone and text with your phone. Create way points. My wife gets to track me from her phone and know where I'm at every ten minutes. Great device. Free bunp.

Yes I do...worthless 6-8 months out of the year. But great down in the blue or up in the Strip when I can text home every day

You can literally keep the unit on and do custom SOS, texts, etc from your phone....

Text locations to other users, etc. Fantastic product. This and onX best things going right now...

What kind of batteries does it take or are they built in?

How long of life?

It is charged from a cord only. No batteries. But I have a battery pack for my phone anyways, so I just keep the charging cord in the pouch with the Inreach.

I used it on a couple wilderness hunts last year. I kept it turned off except to check in every evening. After a month it was still above 90% without charging it. Worth every penny!

battery life on these is outstanding. You can leave it on for many days and have it track your location every 10 mins and it will still have lots of battery power. If you leave it on full time even while sleeping at camp, the unit goes into a power saving mode when you are not moving. Great product. have been using it for work for years.