leftcoast

Kaibab Lion Guides

Since I didnt draw any tags in the 5 states that I applied in, looking to do a mountain lion hunt in AZ. Can anybody recommend a good guide for lions in the Kaibab area.

Jim Bedlion

If you hunt the bab late dec or later you will get a great hide on your lion.And you always have the chance to find a boomer tom.If you go with a guide make sure you hav e the details worked out before you send any money.Many guides like the ones posted on here will say if it trees or bays its your lion!!!!!I know all of these guides and they shoot a lot of lions big and small.I let a small female go on the bab only to have one of these guys come in behind me  tree it and kill it,it might of went 65 pounds!!!!!

• Like 1

I agree that later in the year is the best for lions up there, pretty much any predator later in the year is far better for any hide.  If you got snow on the ground when you're hunting up there for them it's even better cause you will see the tracks.  

I'd surely be interested in this as well, a lion is on my hunting bucket list here in AZ.  I'm just kinda put off by the amount the guides charge for it from what I have seen.  I've seen them called in before but it's usually a biproduct of hunting for yotes or foxes / bobcats.  I heard a lion screaming like it was being slaughtered about 230am last year in the bab about 1/4 mile down the canyon behind my camp when I was hunting for the grey ghost.  That beast woke me up from a dead sleep and I went outside right away with my gun and a huge light (seriously I was only wearing my undee's and that's it, i froze my nuts off for the brief few minutes I was out there) trying to see if it was right behind my trailer or kinda close by.  I saw it down the canyon and it bolted when it got hit with the light.