muledeerarea33?

Ruidoso NM?

I have a mandatory week off in two weeks. Gonna spend a few days at home but looking to explore. Ruidoso is the same distance from me as Greer or other white mountain areas. Ive never been there but heard its nice. Any reviews?

Been along time since I lived in that area but still planning on retiring there I know they had a big fire up there several years ago the inn of the mountain gods use to have a good buffet on the weekend cloudcroft reminds me of Mayberry

• Like 1

Rich Texans and Rich Mexican Nationals... Plenty of places to hike around... There is a tiny creek around the three rivers campground that is loaded with brookies... :)

• Like 1

Rich Texans and Rich Mexican Nationals... Plenty of places to hike around... There is a tiny creek around the three rivers campground that is loaded with brookies... :)

as long as they speak English

Al that should matter in that statemet is BROOKIES!!!!! :)

• Like 4

I had lunch there after riding my bicycle last spring. Beautiful area. Every vehicle was an Escalade with Texas plates. Lots of good places to eat.

The Mexicans do speak English... the Texans... well they speak Texan.. ahaha

• Like 2

Went there undefeated back in 78.......and got beat on the court and then got beat at practice the following Monday for losing to a not so good team........back in those days horse racing was all I remember hearing about Ruidoso.......

Went there undefeated back in 78.......and got beat on the court and then got beat at practice the following Monday for losing to a not so good team........back in those days horse racing was all I remember hearing about Ruidoso.......

HAHAH... that is funny.... You just went Glory Days Al Bundy on us... I always do the same..

hahah

• Like 1

Arn't they called Texicans! I v'e allways heard it was a nice place. Never been there tho..........BOB!

Nice but tourist trap. Lots of Texans as has been stated. Lots of elk to be seen and deer wander the streets. The Hubbard Museum is a neat place to walk around and check out. The Corner Bakery is a good place to get breakfast and the steakhouse has a great salad bar and steaks. We only stay at the Inn of the Mountain Gods and try to get the lake view instead of the mountain view. We usually spend a few weekends down there and after two days it feels like a week.

I prefer Cloudcroft. Very few to no tourists, cheaper everything, and just as pretty woods with game....

If you want to go to Ruidoso it's a short but very scenic drive....