Sign in to follow this  
naturebob

Kaibab growth?

With a tag there in the west side late how do You guys thunk Growth is this year? And is the Strip drier than the BAB? . I have no Clue. Thanks ...........BOB!

Really bad growth this year, hope you got point guard, I have no clue, hopefully great

• Like 1

My partner was up there (Bab') about a week and a half ago and said the antler growth looked normal......heard the Strip was down a bit but still good.

I am going regardless. I have a buddy who has a 13a rifle tag, drew with 15 points and wants to turn it in. He is 55 and may not draw for 10 to 15 years with max. Do You Guys think that is good or not. I say hunt. You could be dead or crippled by then .......BOB!

• Like 1

There won't be THAT much of a difference up there, IMO........I'd keep the tag and hunt, personally.

go hunt it, at the time you say shooter or not you will not know the difference between a few inches from a good or bad year

Go hunt. A couple of inches of antler aren’t worth enduring the wait all over again, unless he’s just looking for an excuse to bail.

• Like 2

Daughter and I road mountain bikes from Utah to Grand Canyon on the Arizona Trail this Sunday and Monday. I saw a couple of good bucks on the AZT between FR 225-241. I hope you have a great hunt Jim

• Like 5

I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone but I almost think it is comical when guys say they are going to turn in tag because a down year. Especially if they are not in the max point pool. Since when did all these people become super trophy hunters? I am 55 and been hunting since I was 14 and in all that time I have known one person who is truly a trophy hunter. This person passes shots with a bow from a blind at tom turkeys if spurs are not long enough. And believe me, he looks them over real good with binos and he has it all on film. Anyone who would pass a 198 deer because it is not 200 is only fooling themselves and I say they really don't like to hunt much. 99% of all hunters could not tell the difference between the two in the field anyway.

John Mclendon used to do a guess the score on an elk rack at the bow hunter happening. He told me you would not believe what most people guessed and it was so much higher than the actual score. The bull was a beautiful 315 ish and most people were guessing in the 350 + range.

Your friend needs to hunt because you never know what tomorrow will bring and life is too short. Just hunt!

• Like 14

Back to the horn growth, who cares if the deer are to small for him, donate it to a hero.. Back to growth any pics.

• Like 1