Sign in to follow this  
azowl

Need a Good Gunsmith

Since it was  a 243  and you are going to 06 is the action able to do both what is typically a short action cartridge to a long action cartridge?

On 7/24/2019 at 6:54 PM, PRDATR said:

Since it was  a 243  and you are going to 06 is the action able to do both what is typically a short action cartridge to a long action cartridge?

The 06 was the upper end of what I could do with it. I had a couple of issues after it was completed, the last one with the safety which would not work smoothly. I had a new safety installed and finally just picked up the completed gun this past week. Here is a picture of it.

6E8495F7-A017-41EC-91D9-2B5026934C13.jpeg

• Like 2

On 9/18/2019 at 4:12 PM, azowl said:

The 06 was the upper end of what I could do with it. I had a couple of issues after it was completed, the last one with the safety which would not work smoothly. I had a new safety installed and finally just picked up the completed gun this past week. Here is a picture of it.

6E8495F7-A017-41EC-91D9-2B5026934C13.jpeg

I like it.

It was a graduation gift to a friends son. I was with him when he shot it but I haven’t shot it myself. Accuracy was great. Using a lead sled to sight it in, it had a 1-1 1/2” two shot group at 100 yds.