Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

AZGFD wants your ideas

I got it and yes they want ideas but they also have a base plan which I'm guessing is whatever was laid out by conserve and protect.

They already also have public input scheduled which means it's on the road to being solidified whatever it is they have already.

Should be interesting.

• Sad 1

Here's an idea, No idiots in the woods, and I don't mean IQ wise

This is important. The base plan will certainly revolve around the auction tag plan that Pete Cimellero was pushing via other means. His group has been meeting with the Dept for months. And when they decided to make this a dept committee and not a committee including the public, they also pushed the schedule back for public input into Sept and August.

Anyone else have plans for either of those months? We need to make time and show up to speak our minds.

• Sad 1

The Department has been tasked by the Commission, who is not too much in favor of the raffle tags, to come up with ideas that can raise the 1.5-2 million dollars they need to keep and expand the Departments Conserve and Protect program.

If you have some ideas to raise a bunch of money they want to hear from you. There are a bunch of good people working on this issue that want other solutions than the Tags and that is not the base plan at this time.

• Like 1

Raise tag and license fees 20 bucks, there they go, good idea on showing up..

• Like 1

The Department has been tasked by the Commission, who is not too much in favor of the raffle tags, to come up with ideas that can raise the 1.5-2 million dollars they need to keep and expand the Departments Conserve and Protect program.

If you have some ideas to raise a bunch of money they want to hear from you. There are a bunch of good people working on this issue that want other solutions than the Tags and that is not the base plan at this time.

Not sure what your connection to the group is, hopefully you know more than me, but there is at least one commissioner who is very much in favor of the raffle process.

I dont doubt that there are some good folks on the committee, but I am also very concerned that sportsmen show up and speak their mind on the issue and this is a tough time for lots of them to do that.

Regardless, we have to show up. Oh, and yes I have several ideas which have been shar d numerous times and I will show up and share with this specific group.

• Like 1

I will bet you that Pete and the boys have gotten Davis compromised just like the old man did in Utah. Davis said no to any other funding but the tag program when he said no raising of fees. Write and tell the commissioners to institute a Heritage Stamp program for $5 a year. That raises a lot more than Pete can promise and it is a permanent funding source for education. NM has done it for decades and no one refuses to buy tags there because of $5 a year. This is an obvious ploy to use the HSUS deal to get the tags they want. I recommended a poll be conducted by AZG&F asking if people would prefer a $5 Heritage Stamp to giving out tags to sell.

• Like 4

I will bet you that Pete and the boys have gotten Davis compromised just like the old man did in Utah. Davis said no to any other funding but the tag program when he said no raising of fees. Write and tell the commissioners to institute a Heritage Stamp program for $5 a year. That raises a lot more than Pete can promise and it is a permanent funding source for education. NM has done it for decades and no one refuses to buy tags there because of $5 a year. This is an obvious ploy to use the HSUS deal to get the tags they want. I recommended a poll be conducted by AZG&F asking if people would prefer a $5 Heritage Stamp to giving out tags to sell.

I like this a Heritage Stamp like a duck stamp would be available to everybody whether they had a hunting license or not.

• Like 1

Be sure to tune into the meetings, take the time to make a comment and follow through with it. Posting ideas here is good for brainstorming but it doesnt show the commission anything.

The next webcast is 8/9.

Got an e-mail from AZGFD yesterday (Assuming some of you got it too....).   Anyone see it?  Comments are both interesting AND not surprising, IMO.   https://www.azgfd.com/agency/dedicated-funding source/

Looks like another public meeting this Friday:  "AZGFD will present feedback on the potential options for the funding source to the Commission during its public meeting Friday, Dec. 7, at department headquarters (5000 W. Carefree Highway) in Phoenix. The public may attend the meeting in person or view it at https://livestream.com/azgameandfish. "

I'm going to try to attend on Friday.  Anyone else??

S.