azruger

Shotgun for daughter

Anyone out there.got a .410 or.20 gauge single shot they don't need anymore. 10 year old daughter wants her own dove gun since she passed her hunter safety course and will soon receive my coues tag in a tag transfer

Why handicap her with a crappy gun? Whatever you get, get with a skeet choke. .410 is for experts.

• Like 1

I would HIGHLY recommend not getting a singe shot. My kids and wife hated the single shot I got them, because it kicked a lot more than the normal semi auto or pump shotgun. Buy her an 870 youth and she will love it!!!!

• Like 2

My kids loved the single shot 20g they used when they were little. It was way lighter than an 870 and easy for me to see if it was loaded or not. My daughter was a small 10 year old, so the lighter single shot was perfect. But, yes it kicks more. Now they both shoot 12g 870s as teenagers.

Those 20 gauge youth 870s are great guns. Ours has put down plenty of dove and couple turkeys.

I just wish that the recoil pad on that gun didn't feel like a BFG! Last I looked nobody's sold an aftermarket pre fit recoil pad for the Youth 870 s. Put you into a grind to fit. I really wish they came with better recoil pads I think so do most of the kids that were at the Wapiti weekend LOL