Sign in to follow this  
Richie

Tattoo artist

Anyone got any recommendations for a good experienced tattoo artist? Id like to get some done. I was excited to get some work done a couple years ago but the artist became flakey so I backed out. Maybe a good thing in the long run. If anyone has recommendations and some pics lets see them. Thanks

If you want to come up to Albuquerque I can give you a shop and artist.

This is mine:

post-13142-0-25891100-1533244015_thumb.jpg

The wife's first in the process of getting it done:

post-13142-0-89681100-1533243977_thumb.jpg

The wife's second right after it was done:

post-13142-0-46692900-1533243927_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks i will keep that in mind red sparky. Those all look good and that bear looks dang good

Pretty good lettering too. It has a Winston Churchill quote " Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts".

Kevin Patrick at Trinity Art Collective in Tucson is as good as it gets. Hes booked out over a year in advance, but theres a reason for it. Here is my latest (he specializes in photo realism black and grey, and has done some amazing wildlife pieces.

post-2993-0-66794000-1533278196_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

What are you looking to get done? HEL_ City tattoo convention is this month at the Biltmore. Going to that may open you up to new ideas and artist. I guess HE_LL is a bad word

weston- good looking tattoo. He has a couple tattoos of elk/wildlife on his IG account that are super impressive if anyone knows how to post the pics here. i dont know how.

mt cat- thanks for the heads up. might have to check it out.

A big second for Kevin at Trinity Art but all of the artists there are top notch. Great atmosphere in the shop and awesome people. Erika has done a few for me, this being the latest.

post-216-0-60601800-1533396638_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

In 1979, a time when only ho's and drunken sailors had tattoos, I staggered into a shop wanting to get the invasion of Normandy tattooed on my back, but I had a grand total of six dollars on me, so I settled for this. Moral of the story don't go cheap and your tattoo is going to fade with age.

post-6503-0-04219200-1533408063_thumb.jpg

Not sure what shop minimums are these days, i'm guessing at least $100 for something small. Big artists can get easily $1000+ per session. I know of one who gets several thousand per day!