PhxDT

What is your dream/bucket list hunt?

I have done a fair amount of MT West hunting. Utah, Colorado the AZ. Mostly Elk, Mule deer and Coues, some guided. Plenty of duck, quail and dove. Of all, Southern AZ Coues is my dream hunt. Great country, mild weather, camping under the stars, burning steaks over oak & mesquite coals. True fair chase honest challenging hunting. Chance to see raptors, lion, bear and now Jaguars. Busting out a heard of Javalina or having a covey of mearns quail scare the crap out of you. Used to be you could get into band tailed pigeon. Take a shotgun and hunt quail or jump ducks off stock ponds.

• Like 2

Sitka blacktail

+1 to this. Been my dream I think since I read about chuck adams doing it when I was a teenager.

That dream's coming true November 2019.

• Like 2

Red Stag in New Zealand

Red stag is my sons dream hunt. My dream hunt is to hunt with Melissa Bachman, she takes a huge red stag on this hunt.

• Like 4

New Zealand stag is about the same as hunting freaky big whitetails in TX. Most of it is high fence, and pretty small estates considering the terrain. There are a few free range options, but unless it's concisely clear that youre hunt is free range, you're on an estate paying by the inch of antler.

If you're good with that, the more power to you, but there is a lot of deception around this hunt.

The history of those mutt islands and the game laws there are pretty interesting. I'm going in May on a DIY backpack hunt for tahr, on the South island. Chamois will be a lucky chance encounter too, along with wild red deer.

• Like 1

Unit 1 archery bull

My buddy just got this back to back. Sorry!!!!!

Disgusting

I bumbled into a Unit 1 archery tag two years ago with no points (other than hunter ed). Did not end-up killing one, but was for sure a dream hunt.

Good luck on getting that tag!!!!

S.

PS: For the record; Other than the max point holders, it is my belief that bonus points or not, the odds are roughly the same. With hunter ed points, loyalty points, and the number of dudes putting-in, I think the point pool is SO diluted that it doesn't much matter anymore. HAVE FAITH!!! ;)

My dream hunt would be cougars in the bar but the wife won't let me put in for it.

• Like 3

Henry Mountains in Utah or Antelope Island Mule Deer Hunts.

post-10954-0-19288900-1533591879_thumb.jpg

• Like 3