PhxDT

What is your dream/bucket list hunt?

Henry Mountains in Utah or Antelope Island Mule Deer Hunts.

I will second that, but add the strip.

• Like 1

Dall Sheep

that one's on my list too. But the wife had financial mileposts we have to hit before I can write that check. :(

#batteredhusbands

• Like 3

New Zealand stag is about the same as hunting freaky big whitetails in TX. Most of it is high fence, and pretty small estates considering the terrain. There are a few free range options, but unless it's concisely clear that youre hunt is free range, you're on an estate paying by the inch of antler.

If you're good with that, the more power to you, but there is a lot of deception around this hunt.

The history of those mutt islands and the game laws there are pretty interesting. I'm going in May on a DIY backpack hunt for tahr, on the South island. Chamois will be a lucky chance encounter too, along with wild red deer.

Would love to hear a report when you get back. Sounds incredible.

Dall Sheep

that one's on my list too. But the wife had financial mileposts we have to hit before I can write that check. :(

#batteredhusbands

I would have to have "F you" money before I'd even consider going on one of them hunts. Can't believe the money they get for those hunts.

Dall Sheep

#batteredhusbands

I would have to have "F you" money before I'd even consider going on one of them hunts. Can't believe the money they get for those hunts.

Exactly why you haven't seen a picture of my crookedass smile grinning over the top of a big white sheep yet.

But I've been putting a little extra away & trying to pay down my debt, so at this rate I should get to go on that hunt sometime in the next 3-50 years.

• Like 3

I’ve hunted elk many times here in NM. I have 15 nr elk points for AZ and an early archery tag for a great unit in hand, in September for screaming AZ bulls is at the top of my list !!! Maybe 2019

• Like 1

My dream hunt would be cougars in the bar but the wife won't let me put in for it.

That might trip your meter.

This guy I worked with went to Canada where he horse backed into a spike camp. Then horse backed into hunting spots ever day. He could shoot a Caribou,a moose and a bear. He ended up getting the caribou and moose and almost got a bear. It sounded like my dream hunt to a t. Maybe some day.

• Like 3

I don't really have any "dream" hunt to target a specific animal...but I just want one of my daughters to go on an elk hunt. That would be MY dream hunt.

Same here.

been on my dream hunt since we had the 1st kid 28 years ago, This year our youngest turns 18, then off to the Marines after graduation. doesnt make any difference what we go after its always a blast. Hopefully she comes back once in a while to hunt with her Dad. of the 3 kids shes been the Hardcore hunter. no mountain or canyon is too big never complains. Starting before it gets light and ending at night. doesnt make any difference is what were hunting either. If I need to take a break she keeps on going and I catch up eventually usually when shes on her way back LOL

been alot of fun. Going to be boring as heck with out her Around for a while.

Delw

• Like 2

Dall Sheep

#batteredhusbands

Its insane! Thats why its just a dream, will never happen unless I can win a raffle somehow.

Dall Sheep

#batteredhusbands

Its insane! Thats why its just a dream, will never happen unless I can win a raffle somehow.

Move to the Alaska wilderness, those guys on those discovery channel shows shoot them for sustenance

Dall Sheep

#batteredhusbands

Move to the Alaska wilderness, those guys on those discovery channel shows shoot them for sustenance

I think it's one of those things that's more doable than people think. I read about a guy that did a dall's hunt on another forum a few years ago. As I recall, I think he said it took him about 5-6 years to save up for it a few hundred bucks per month.

If you're making car payments and paying interest on $6 cups of starbucks liquid diabetes, then you'll never go. If you can live without making interest payments, you'll be able to pull it off. It all depends on what your priorities are.