PhxDT

What is your dream/bucket list hunt?

I drive a 2002 truck.... haven't had a car payment for 20+ years. 2 kids, wife, yada yada yada. Killed 14 different species with my bow. How bad do you want it.... that's my attitude. I'll hunt sheep and Mt goats, it'll happen. Ed F

I just feel like to spend 20k to hunt something you should be independently wealthy. Just my opinion. If i saved 400 a month for sheep for years by the time I had the money I wouldn't be able to part with it to go hunting for a week. But again, this is Dream hunt
after I got my crap in order, 500 savings a month is easy. Not saying I want to spend it on a dall sheep hunt but if that was my passion I could. And Im not rich, wealthy, or any of that.

You and everyone else on here can save 500 a month. Spending 20k is a different story

• Like 1

I drive a 2002 truck.... haven't had a car payment for 20+ years. 2 kids, wife, yada yada yada. Killed 14 different species with my bow. How bad do you want it.... that's my attitude. I'll hunt sheep and Mt goats, it'll happen. Ed F

I just feel like to spend 20k to hunt something you should be independently wealthy. Just my opinion. If i saved 400 a month for sheep for years by the time I had the money I wouldn't be able to part with it to go hunting for a week. But again, this is Dream hunt
after I got my crap in order, 500 savings a month is easy. Not saying I want to spend it on a dall sheep hunt but if that was my passion I could. And Im not rich, wealthy, or any of that.

You and everyone else on here can save 500 a month. Spending 20k is a different story

....and for the married guy's....convincing the wife is a whole different story.

• Like 2

It's kinda crazy, the old me wanted to go and do an archery brown bear in ak, but not anymore. My dream hunt would be to get one January back to hunt javelina with my dad and our longbows.

• Like 3

Those type of sheep hunts remind me of mtn Everest, to me it's really been ruined by business and traffic, after listening to Jay Scott and his sheep hunt I have zero desire to do anything like that even if I had the money.

Sounded more like a bunch of retired folks on a tour bus than a hunt. I would much rather take that kind of money and go to New Zealand or Australia several times and hunt for weeks for multiple species and not be like cattle in a shoot.

• Like 3

I've always wanted to call in a bull elk and have my dad kill it, no matter the size.

A few years ago, in 4b we had a 270ish bull come to about 10-15 yards on a tank. My dad stepped on a twig as he was drawing and the bull ran off. After that I thought my dad was going to fall over he was shaking so bad. One of my top 5 all time hunting memories.

• Like 7

My dream hunt is a 7 west archery bull hunt where every one doesnt drive on all the closed roads F##king it up for the ones play by the rules.

• Like 3

I did it for my last truck. Sucked draining the savings but its building up again without the payments. It helps I live like a shoot in hermit though haha

Financing vehicles is about the worst thing that's ever happened to the American consumer. $60k+ for trucks.... give me a break! They really don't even make that much money on the vehicles anymore, most of the money is made through the financing. Finance it new, then it gets traded in, financed again, then traded & financed again.... etc.

I had a pretty nice jeep commander that had been paid off since the second year I owned it. Planned on driving that thing til it died, but unfortunately it was murdered sooner than anticipated. Had some lady in the next lane over make a u-turn right in front of me and t-bone me. Totaled out the vehicle, and of course she has no insurance. Ended up going down and buying a new truck, and was told if I paid cash I do not qualify for factory rebates. The OTD price of the vehicle would be about $5000 higher than financing. So I financed it, and then paid it off on the third month. Saved about $11k compared to paying the loan for 5 years.

Most people have no idea how compounding interest works. Bottom line, if you keep paying interest instead of investing, you probably will work til you die.

• Like 2

I did it for my last truck. Sucked draining the savings but its building up again without the payments. It helps I live like a shoot in hermit though haha

Financing vehicles is about the worst thing that's ever happened to the American consumer. $60k+ for trucks.... give me a break! They really don't even make that much money on the vehicles anymore, most of the money is made through the financing. Finance it new, then it gets traded in, financed again, then traded & financed again.... etc.

I had a pretty nice jeep commander that had been paid off since the second year I owned it. Planned on driving that thing til it died, but unfortunately it was murdered sooner than anticipated. Had some lady in the next lane over make a u-turn right in front of me and t-bone me. Totaled out the vehicle, and of course she has no insurance. Ended up going down and buying a new truck, and was told if I paid cash I do not qualify for factory rebates. The OTD price of the vehicle would be about $5000 higher than financing. So I financed it, and then paid it off on the third month. Saved about $11k compared to paying the loan for 5 years.

Most people have no idea how compounding interest works. Bottom line, if you keep paying interest instead of investing, you probably will work til you die.

It's definitely a racket. The first expensive truck I financed twenty some years ago, the payment was as much as my rent at the time. No way am I going to buy a $60k truck.

• Like 1

I quit buying new trucks when they hit 30k ,a 95 F 350 crew cab .My last new one. That has enabled Me to Hunt all over the country. My Dream hunt ,I got it this Nov on the Kaibab late hunt west with Dwayne Adams. Doesn't get much better than that...........BOB!

• Like 1

If you saved $11k on a 5 year note then you must have bought a $110,000 pickup. Id like to see a pic of that thing! You wont ever pay compound interest on a vehicle unless your payment is under the total amount of monthly interest, which it wont be. Most vehicle finance companies have extremely good rates. My current F150 is at 3.2% through ford credit. I could write a check to pay it off tomorrow if needed but that makes no sense financially when I have that money elsewhere making considerably more interest. Having properly managing debt is not a bad thing if done correctly. If prime goes back up to 10%+ a person needs to be ready to move money to pay it off but at current rates one can leverage money and make more of it while having debt.

• Like 1

Surprised no one has said the strip

I have always just wanted a giant muley buck. 36 years now of chasing muleys and it is still my dream hunt. Turns out i believe i was just donated a archery Strip tag but now i gotta make my dream happen with a jacked up leg and probably still a cast or walking boot. :/ luckily my idea of success does not mean 200 inches or better but wouldn't it be nice. :)

• Like 1

The problem with an older truck is they can break down anytime anywhere. Like me yesterday. I was at Morman Lake and my truck wouldn't start when I woke up in the Morn. $300 to get towed to Flagstaf and $485 to get starter installed. Lost a quick $800 but have no payments. IF that happened in Phoenix I would have paid 3 to $400 .Just put alternater Battery and belt.,on We were pounding on it to no avail. allthough I was with a Buddy in a new 60k truck 8 years ago and we broke down in that one too,so it can happen to both. We were below the rim and He got towed back to Scottsdale .Charged it to Ford as it only had 10k miles on it. It is nice not having payment,but just save $ for that ocasional breakdown...........BOB!