PhxDT

Need another pair of eyes?

I was hoping to get drawn for Elk this year- alas, no luck. I am, however, wanting to get my 9 year old more familiar in what it takes to have success on a hunt. I took him last year on a hunt and he hiked a few miles every day without complaint. He ran through the Youth Outdoors Unlimited class this past weekend as well. I'd like to get my boy more exposed to hunting and the practicals of taking care of downed game. I have a frame pack and happy to haul.

I have bagged a 300 class bull in 22S, and have hunted elk in 5BS as well. I stick to what I know, haha.

That all to say, if anyone needs another pair of binoculars on their hunt, I am happy to come up and help. I have a pair of Swaro 10x40ELs and can hike about anything (did a triathlon in Malibu last year).

PM me if you could use some help on your hunt. I'll meet you up there.

• Like 3

heros rising outdoors. I get to go hunting every year now, helping out a vet. get ahold of Tom Wagner he is on here and fb. I will be in 6a all hunting season.

• Like 1

Like 6ANut (a good guy) stated, Hunts for Heroes welcomes help on veteran hunts (both in camp and in the field)! Call me for details: (480)760-3868 ...

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Great tip and sounds like an opportunity.

• Like 1

Got two youth tags in 23. 1 elk 1 deer. Meat is priority 1. But my oldest daughter has the itch to hold out for a good deer if your interested. I got 5 kids. It will be a noisy camp.

• Like 1

haha, sounds like my house hold. I have hunted 23 for deer (above Rosevelt), but not for deer. I'll PM you my cell #

• Like 1

haha, sounds like my house hold. I have hunted 23 for deer (above Rosevelt), but not for deer. I'll PM you my cell #

Yup, 5 kids means I get a chance to live through them each year. Takes the sting out of not drawing myself.

• Like 1

ha, good point. I have a Mathews Drenalin, but don't have the time to practice and stay sharp. I might need to find the time for deer coming up.