Sign in to follow this  
no worries

Anyone else hunting the 30A (Oct. 26)

I put in for the leftovers and ended up with 30A late October. Any of you guys doing the same hunt ? I have a ton of unused vacation and will prolly hunt the whole week. Pm or respond if you are interested in doing some scouting/hunting in 30A.

thanks, Jim

I have the next hunt, it was my 5th choice and have never been in the unit. Definately interested in scouting and sharing some info about the unit once the weather cools down a bit.

Chris

• Like 1

So once you get past the access into the unit is it fairly open? Just wondering, not sure what to expect but it is quite a drive for me from Mesa. I'll be doing a solo tent hunt, as usual.

I’ll prolly go down there next weekend. My limited understanding is that the Dos Cabezas mountain is public but going thru private land lit access it is the problem.

• Like 1

I've only been able to scout 3 times due to something called work. I plan on heading down Wed. night and doing one last scout on Thursday.

Lot's of locked gates everywhere.

Yah Access changes daily. We had that hunt went though an unlocked gate with no signs on except for please close gate when we came back out  two days later it was posted no trespassing and we where locked in

On 10/22/2018 at 4:27 PM, TexasHunter said:

Yah Access changes daily. We had that hunt went though an unlocked gate with no signs on except for please close gate when we came back out  two days later it was posted no trespassing and we where locked in

That stinks. What did you do to get out?

5 hours ago, TexasHunter said:

unfortunately we had to cut his lock didnt have much choice. 

I've had to cut wire fences before.

51 minutes ago, turbo said:

30A sounds like a p.i.a.

Every unit has it's challenges. I was going to head out in the morning to scout but my truck had other plans. Still plan to go on sunday and get in as much scouting I can before heading back down on thursday.

Better than no tag.