bonecollector

Webcast tonight regarding the "Education" funding

It is my understanding that it was supposed to be all ideas except Tag fees and License increases. Still leaves a habitat Stamp, or other stamp, on the table. They would like it to be a discretionary (Voluntary) purchase idea.

I am curious if we raise the Admin fee of $13 to $15 and use the $2 for the C&P education.

There have been some good ideas floated and hope to see them put out for discussion in the public, hopefully the AZGFD will be transparent like they said but so far not the case. There are still a lot of unanswered questions that have been asked of them and they beat around the answers or avoided them all together.

With the people that are pushing their agendas and the Department meeting behind closed doors we may never know what is happening and who is pushing the ideas.

• Like 2

It is my understanding that it was supposed to be all ideas except Tag fees and License increases. Still leaves a habitat Stamp, or other stamp, on the table. They would like it to be a discretionary (Voluntary) purchase idea.

I am curious if we raise the Admin fee of $13 to $15 and use the $2 for the C&P education.

There have been some good ideas floated and hope to see them put out for discussion in the public, hopefully the AZGFD will be transparent like they said but so far not the case. There are still a lot of unanswered questions that have been asked of them and they beat around the answers or avoided them all together.

With the people that are pushing their agendas and the Department meeting behind closed doors we may never know what is happening and who is pushing the ideas.

Wow they did discuss this in the last Public meeting and yes they are supposed to an increased fee. I didn't feel it was a secret at all.

I didn't know that the new Department committee has had any public meetings. To my knowledge they just put the committee together and other than the webcast powerpoint tonight they have not contacted the public yet.

AZkiller we are talking about the NEW Department Committee and the last Commission meetings, not the old meetings held at Bass Pro.

Wow they did discuss this in the last Public meeting and yes they are supposed to an increased fee. I didn't feel it was a secret at all.

I believe what rathrbhunting is referring to is the fact that this committee did nothing to gather ideas from the public until last nights webcast. At the webcast they presented a slide deck on what their ideas were and there was no means for public input. So even though they sent out an email saying they wanted our ideas, they have made it difficult for folks to provide them.

• Like 1

The public input period is open. There is a link to the Department email address that is accepting ideas on the Game and Fish website. They will present these ideas to the Commission after the public input period closes in 30 days. Many of you have ideas for funding, now is the time to submit them to the Department.

The public input period is open. There is a link to the Department email address that is accepting ideas on the Game and Fish website. They will present these ideas to the Commission after the public input period closes in 30 days. Many of you have ideas for funding, now is the time to submit them to the Department.

Some people just have to be spoon fed Red. Even then they will still come up with an excuse. I literally received 2 e-mails about public input and a Google notification. ideas@azgfd.gov here is the link. Now they can complain that no one called them or personally invited them to attend their private meeting to hear their thoughts. Get active and stay involved or don't complain about those that do!

• Like 1

I believe what rathrbhunting is referring to is the fact that this committee did nothing to gather ideas from the public until last nights webcast. At the webcast they presented a slide deck on what their ideas were and there was no means for public input. So even though they sent out an email saying they wanted our ideas, they have made it difficult for folks to provide them.

Fatlander I realize you have it hard for me. This may hurt. I'm straight.

Before you start throwing out ideas look up the word "supposed". It doesnt mean against, or something you insert, or something you wear, but it could be the end (pun intended) result. The condors are circling, use a lead cross on these zombies.

Before you start throwing out ideas look up the word "supposed". It doesnt mean against, or something you insert, or something you wear, but it could be the end (pun intended) result. The condors are circling, use a lead cross on these zombies.

Opposed

I wonder if they get 500 people that vote for a Heritage stamp and 50 for more tags if they will still give out more tags. I am thinking the raw data from emails should be public record at some point. Last go around Brewer had two people from her staff attend the G&F meeting on the USO/SFW tag grab. I would write to the Governor and the state legislators to plant the seeds for oversight on this one.

I wonder if they get 500 people that vote for a Heritage stamp and 50 for more tags if they will still give out more tags. I am thinking the raw data from emails should be public record at some point. Last go around Brewer had two people from her staff attend the G&F meeting on the USO/SFW tag grab. I would write to the Governor and the state legislators to plant the seeds for oversight on this one.

All department emails are public record. So if you want them, all you have to do is ask for them. But be specific in what you are asking for because they won't just go print every email ever sent to or from the dept.

The bottom line on this one is that we need to be engaged. I feel like diverting this from a public committee to a department committee reduced the amount of input from sportsmen. There are definitely folks who are close tot he department with an agenda for a raffle. So if we disagree we will have to speak up and speak loudly. I know that there are organized efforts to do so. I hope that individual sportsmen will also share their feelings with the department and the commission as loudly as they have expressed them on this site. No matter how much we type on this website none of it does any good unless it gets to the right people.

And AZKiller - Keep dreaming, I am so far out of your league.

• Like 4

From AGFD email:

PHOENIX — The Arizona Game and Fish Department is seeking public input on ways to establish and maintain a discretionary, dedicated funding source for outreach, education and public awareness efforts.

A webcast can be viewed at https://youtu.be/pWzMi2o8sEE. All ideas can be submitted by email through Sept. 8 at: ideas@azgfd.gov. Note: Only ideas related to the topic of establishing a funding source will be considered.

Draft alternatives, based on this public input, vetting and benchmarking, will be presented to the Arizona Game and Fish Commission during its public meeting Sept. 21 at the Navajo County Heber Complex, 2188 W. Country Club Drive, in Overgaard.

For more information, including frequently asked questions (FAQs), visit https://www.azgfd.com/agency/dedicated-funding-source/

So 0 public discussion on the topic. No work sessions. Just email us your ideas.

Terrible process. This is the opposite of collaboration.