jonscaife

12a East early, not gonna lie, I'm E-scouting

So I'm in a bit of a predicament. After 8 years in a row of drawing local units around my house, I decided I needed to commit to killing a mule deer with my bow. Problem is, if I have a rifle tag in my pocket, I tend to commit to it. My plan going into the draw was to put in for the 'Bab, not draw, start accumulating bonus points and hunt the OTC archery hunts around my house. Well, I ran into a little bit of a problem with my plan (a very good problem I might add), I drew my first choice, 12A East early. I'm a pretty experienced mule deer hunter but new to the 'Bab. I'm super excited for the hunt! Any words of advice from anyone that has experience up there? Any thoughts on where the deer tend to end up during the hunt (pines, pinyon/juniper, sage flats)? I know that can be weather dependent but does hunting pressure play a role in that too? Any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated. Honey holes are welcomed :P or just feel free to talk crap about my e-scouting. Feel free to DM me or text 928-925-4067 or whatever.

Oh and here's a pic of my best mule deer to date just cause.

post-2151-0-11967100-1533941649_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

You can still use your bow on that hunt. I have the muzzleloader tag right after you. Everything I hear is glass the burn. That is the easiest place to glass for sure. There is a road on every ridgetop. I don't know how any deer makes it thru the year up there.

• Like 1

No need to top that deer. It's a great buck!

Thanks! That buck is from unit that is considered average at best. So Im stoked to have a tag with a chance something even bigger.

• Like 2