trphyhntr

Kaibab CHAMP hunt?

My Dad had it last year. We had a blast. He shot the 53rd buck we saw. Mostly glassing from the Ranger because he can only walk about 50 yards. I will post a pic later.

SCI official 214 4/8.

• Like 5

My Dad had it last year. We had a blast. He shot the 53rd buck we saw. Mostly glassing from the Ranger because he can only walk about 50 yards. I will post a pic later.

SCI official 214 4/8.

wow cool.

Yes and no on shooting them out the window. Yes a champ holder can shoot from a vehicle. BUT it still does not allow them to drive around (road hunting is still illegal according to gf) and shoot while the vehicle is on the road. The vehicle has to be pulled off the road.

SCI official 214 4/8.

Wow. Post please

Yes and no on shooting them out the window. Yes a champ holder can shoot from a vehicle. BUT it still does not allow them to drive around (road hunting is still illegal according to gf) and shoot while the vehicle is on the road. The vehicle has to be pulled off the road.

So you can shoot out the window if it's pulled off the road? I was under the impression that you could shoot out the window? I thought that was the whole point. Not being a smartass just asking. I think champmhunters should have more opportunity imo.

Your post is confusing, it's not "road hunting" unless your pulled off?

It was a perfect hunt for my Dad. He has shot dozens of deer and elk, but he has always been a meat hunter. This was the first time he ever passed on a buck, and he passed 52!! Born and raised in AZ and had never had a Kaibab tag. Construction took its toll on his body and he became camp cook for a few years until he put in for the Champ hunts. This is his once in a lifetime buck!!!!

He also killed his best bull elk on a Champ hunt last year!

post-6097-0-59900900-1533950969_thumb.jpegpost-6097-0-37231800-1533951087_thumb.jpeg

post-6097-0-43608000-1533952630_thumb.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Great Buck! 1

Trophyhunter- sorry to hijack your thread. To answer your question, my understanding was that you can shoot from the vehicle. We planned on my Dad shooting from the Ranger, but for his buck he laid prone about 50 yards from the Ranger to shoot 250 yards across a little cut, which took forever for my Dad to get comfortable as the buck laid in his bed. Then I found an old two track road and cleared brush and he drove all the way to his buck.

• Like 1

So you can shoot out the window if it's pulled off the road? I was under the impression that you could shoot out the window? I thought that was the whole point. Not being a smartass just asking. I think champmhunters should have more opportunity imo.

Your post is confusing, it's not "road hunting" unless your pulled off?

CHAMP permit holders are allowed to shoot from a vehicle, but not while its on a roadway.

• Like 1