Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Bonus points question

I HAVE KNOWN SOME PEOPLE TO HAVE 16 BONUS POINTS AND FINALLY GOT DRAWN AND I HAVE KNOWN SOME PEOPLE TO HAVE GOTTEN DRAWN 3 YEARS IN A ROW. SO TO THE BONUS POINT SYSTEM WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN. JUST CROSS YOUR FINGERS. IT HAS BEEN 5 YEARS FOR ME SINCE I HAVE BEEN DRAWN FOR ELK. JUST HOLD YOUR BREATH I KNOW I WILL BE. GOOD LUCK.

To answer the question you actually asked:

Yes, the total points are averaged. So you would have 5.2, which is rounded to 5 points. Thus, it gives you that many chances to obtain a low number for the draw. -TONY

Redneck,

AZG&F rounds group averages of 0.5 and above to the next highest number, so you and your son would have 6 BP for the draw.

11/2 = 5.5 which rounds up to 6

Doug~RR

Tony,

G&F could apply some advanced rules of rounding, like round up to an even number from exactly .5 (eg 7.5 to 8), but not up to an odd number (round down, eg 6.5 to 6). But then the complainers would be heard screaming "it's not fair"

I had some students who would take a fractional number like 6 3/8 and write it as a decimal 6.3

Doug

Well, you won't believe how I came up with 5.2 instead of 5.5 when I did the math in my head. I divided the first part correctly by 2 but when I had the remainder of 10, I divided by 5 instead of 2 again. Thus I wound up with 11/2 and 10/5 to come up with 5.2. :rolleyes: -TONY

post-82-1201045390.gif

Well, you won't believe how I came up with 5.2 instead of 5.5 when I did in my head. I divided the first part correctly by 2 but when I had the remainder of 10, I divided by 5 instead of 2 again. Thus I wound up with 11/2 and 10/5 to come up with 5.2. :rolleyes: -TONY

post-82-1201045390.gif

Tony, stick to the photography and article writing ok :D :blink: :P

You both also add another chance to draw a tag with your 2008 application.

This is incorrect and sadly this is what most people think. (I know I used to)

If you have 9 and I have 1 then combined we have 10 points. Now divide that by the number of people on the app which happens to be 2 so now the application has 5 and ONLY 5 points. Only the person in the FIRST position of the app

gets their name thrown in the perverbial hat 5 times. NOT BOTH of you. The other people on the app are just ghost

riders until the guy in first position gets drawn then they look at the entire app to see how many people are on the app

and see how many tags are left for that particular unit and so on and so forth. Now if the app does not get drawn they award all of you a bonus point and try again next year.

I would NEVER add anyone to my application that had less points than I unless it was one of my daughters or maybe

Mrs. HC. :o

That is exactly what my boy decided.......he has been waiting 8 years to draw an elk tag and he is not going to let little brother tag along on his application.

Little brother drew elk tag last year so I don't feel bad for him......he can pay his dues along with the rest of us.....

I have a question, if me and my buddy both have 4 bonus points, would it be better to put in for a bull hunt together or separate? Or is it the same either way?