Well i glassed up 4 bears and 1 lion..not sure what happened to the area I hunt..been going there since 1986...usually only see 2 or 3 other hunters, but this year there were NO LESS THAN 12 trucks/UTVs....

social media

SOCIAL MEDIA is going to be the down fall of hunting....seems like people feel then need to kill something to post it!!! hence all the pictures posted of very young bears getting killed.....dont think there is a solution...

Social media is ruining everything. Yet here I am

do you see anywhere I even hinted at what unit i was in??? That is what I dont like...guys ask for help...then later they tell others and bammmm next thing you see are tons of hunters where I never saw before....there is no reason for 30 years basically a few people would hunt this area then I see 12 Trucks/UTVs...likely 20 plus hunters just all of a sudden???? Yes here I am and I would help someone out with what to look for...NOT WHERE TO GO....there is a difference between hey guys you want to hunt couse deer...ok get good glass...tripod...plant your butt and glass....look for good feed you talking deer...look at leeward side of hills during high wind....bear...glass south facing slopes....elk..well they are easy to glass...etc etc...no hey go to FR 309 take FR 309 to FR415...pull off overlooking jump up canyon...DUH....but someone did exactly that with this area....I glassed four bear in a very small area...two shooters and yet I heard at least 10 shots...so I am guessing at least two of the little bears got killed.....

It made it more popular, people posting pics etc. You can get more info using GOOGLE on an afternoon than people got first hand over a decade.

It made it more popular, people posting pics etc. You can get more info using GOOGLE on an afternoon than people got first hand over a decade.

not to mention 5/10 whale chicks think theyre hot stuff now with all the attention they get.

• Like 1

Wow! That is a tough story to read! I was calling in a canyon perhaps ten years ago and had a bear come out of a thicket above me at a distance of perhaps 200 yards. Imagine my shock when at least one unseen hunter about 1,000 yards behind me on the ridgeline started shooting at it. Two missed shots were fired and that bear faded away back into the thicket. I had to wait almost two hours for the shooting light to fade before hiking out in the dark for fear of being shot at! I have not hunted 23 south since then! (However, I am always tempted...but never on the "Black Friday" of the opening weekend.)

• Like 2

The bears in 23 were in the pears. Earliest ripe pears that I have seen in a long time. We saw 8 different bears in four days. No manzy  and not a good year for  acorns. So they were easy to see if you found ripe pears.Thats why the big kill. Seemed a lot more hounds in certain areas also. There were 9 sows taken in 23 S when we checked in ours Tuesday AM

We went to a unit that has a lot of bears but is ROUGH and we caught only two small bears.Both were let go to live another day.Did see some hunters glassing and some calling.We never ran into another hound hunter ,it was a great weekend.did see a lot of nice bulls and bucks!!!