CouesWhitetail

Forum software upgrade

17 minutes ago, AZkiller said:

Too hard to read black on brown outside

Interesting....for me, the black on brown is way better to read than the light colored text.  I guess it depends on your monitor.  That's why I provide options....everything looks different depending on your monitor, so choose a theme that looks best for you.  I will be adding more theme options, so check the dropdown theme list at bottom middle of forum to find available themes.

All of the longer messages are cut off.... Like the page/line break is screwed up. If the messages is typed and has multiple lines, it cuts off the last words of each line

8 minutes ago, Elkaddict said:

I can’t seem to click on a topic and go to the last place I looked at on that topic.

yes, I am trying to figure that one out.  I noticed the same thing.  Probably a setting I need to find and turn on.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mbiewer said:

All of the longer messages are cut off.... Like the page/line break is screwed up. If the messages is typed and has multiple lines, it cuts off the last words of each line

This is not happening for me.  All long posts appear normal to me.  You might try the other theme and see if it still happens there.  Look at bottom middle of forum for theme dropdown menu and select a different theme.  If the same problem happens in the other theme, then it's something with your monitor.  If not, then it's something about the theme that doesn't work with your system.  

2 hours ago, CouesWhitetail said:

There is a little mail envelope icon in same area as before.  In upper right corner of forum, look just left of your login name for the mail envelope button.  Click on it to see list of your messages.

I have no user name or envelope icon.

1 hour ago, Elkaddict said:

I can’t seem to click on a topic and go to the last place I looked at on that topic.

This would be super helpful to have back. Thanks Amanda.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

I have no user name or envelope icon.

Are you logged in from your phone?  If so, tap on the three horizontal bars in upper right and it should pull up envelope icon and notification icons

4 minutes ago, CouesWhitetail said:

Are you logged in from your phone?  If so, tap on the three horizontal bars in upper right and it should pull up envelope icon and notification icons

Got it. Thanks.

• Like 1

I like that you can read the first couple lines of posts before clicking on them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Elkaddict said:

1 hour ago, cjl2010 said:

This would be super helpful to have back. Thanks Amanda.

fyi, tech support says the "go to first unread post" in a topic is accomplished by clicking on the dot to the left of the topic title.  See graphic below.

oooo....I just noticed a feature I like with the new system. Multi quote....so you can quote more than one person in your reply...you can see how I used that feature to reply to two posts about the same thing in this post.  

go to unread post.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am liking it. I can't figure out how to get the black writing on the brown background so I just set the default and it seems to work better for me to read. It also seems like it will be easier to post pics since that option now shows up at the bottom of the post you are making.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Red Sparky said:

I am liking it. I can't figure out how to get the black writing on the brown background so I just set the default and it seems to work better for me to read. It also seems like it will be easier to post pics since that option now shows up at the bottom of the post you are making.

yes, it should be easier to attach photos, and you can also click Notify me of replies really easily when you make a post too.  

I am able to edit all the colors for the text in the themes, but there are so many options it takes time to figure out which color setting controls which text in the forum.