Sign in to follow this  
1uofacat

New BLAZING WHITE Forum Layout

Is it just me or is this new forum layout as annoying to others as it is to myself?  Awesome site, great discussions & feedback, etc., and all the rest..., but this new BLAZING WHITE LAYOUT is ANNOYING AS ALL-GET-OUT!

Please Please Please go back to what you had... it was "soothing/comforting to the eyes to read, but now we need sunglasses just to log on and read the forums!  I'm sure it will also use more battery power on cells with all the white background.

It was a great thing, but IMHO, this is not a good move. 

While CWT can certainly do whatever they want, I dare say that if a vote was taken on this CWT would be surprised on just how much appreciated the old layout was compared to this.  Good try, not-so-good result... imho.

• Like 1

I had a theme button at the bottom of the page that loaded a different color theme. I'm guessing they are still working out the bugs.. A little patients should be rewarded, I think. Maybe. Hopefully.. 

3 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

I had a theme button at the bottom of the page that loaded a different color theme. I'm guessing they are still working out the bugs.. A little patients should be rewarded, I think. Maybe. Hopefully.. 

Same here "theme" is gone now.

1 hour ago, 1uofacat said:

Is it just me or is this new forum layout as annoying to others as it is to myself?  Awesome site, great discussions & feedback, etc., and all the rest..., but this new BLAZING WHITE LAYOUT is ANNOYING AS ALL-GET-OUT!

Please Please Please go back to what you had... it was "soothing/comforting to the eyes to read, but now we need sunglasses just to log on and read the forums!  I'm sure it will also use more battery power on cells with all the white background.

It was a great thing, but IMHO, this is not a good move. 

While CWT can certainly do whatever they want, I dare say that if a vote was taken on this CWT would be surprised on just how much appreciated the old layout was compared to this.  Good try, not-so-good result... imho.

I take it you didn't read the discussion topic about the forum upgrade and how to select different color choices?  

As was the case with the old forum, there are several themes available and you can choose what you like.  Some like it dark, some like it light, so try the different themes and see what you like.  Down at the bottom middle or bottom left (depending on which theme you are currently looking at) there is a text dropdown menu called theme.  Click on it and you will see what themes are available.  As has been said many times already today, this forum upgrade will take time until we can get settled on what themes work with the new software.  None of the themes show as blazing white on my computer....how it looks depends on the type of monitor you have and the settings on that monitor or your photo.  so just pick a theme that works for your devices.  

44 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

Same here "theme" is gone now.

48 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

Try looking at bottom left rather than middle.  If you have the dimension theme selected, the theme dropdown menu moves to the bottom left.  

On 8/15/2018 at 3:58 PM, CouesWhitetail said:

I take it you didn't read the discussion topic about the forum upgrade and how to select different color choices?  

As was the case with the old forum, there are several themes available and you can choose what you like.  Some like it dark, some like it light, so try the different themes and see what you like.  Down at the bottom middle or bottom left (depending on which theme you are currently looking at) there is a text dropdown menu called theme.  Click on it and you will see what themes are available.  As has been said many times already today, this forum upgrade will take time until we can get settled on what themes work with the new software.  None of the themes show as blazing white on my computer....how it looks depends on the type of monitor you have and the settings on that monitor or your photo.  so just pick a theme that works for your devices.  

The theme choice was not present when I wrote this!  It's significantly better now.