Top pin

5b south

17 hours ago, Ringer said:

The problem is I went up in June it was extremely dry!!The growth on the horns weren’t quit there yet. So being new to the unit any info will help.

7 hours ago, BOWUNTR said:

Top pin, The best advice I can give you as a newbie CWT member is to not post here again. There's quite a few know it all armchair jackasses (above) that will prey on you like wolves and will not welcome you. Be a lurker, search 5BS threads on this site and other sites, PM other successful hunters. You'll get more helpful info rather than make an open thread like this... they smell blood... Ed F

Oh now were name calling, lol. We just don't lazy scouters, and can also post from the woods while I'M scouting for my hunt.  Anyway don't go away, mad anyway

7 hours ago, BOWUNTR said:

Top pin, The best advice I can give you as a newbie CWT member is to not post here again. There's quite a few know it all armchair jackasses (above) that will prey on you like wolves and will not welcome you. Be a lurker, search 5BS threads on this site and other sites, PM other successful hunters. You'll get more helpful info rather than make an open thread like this... they smell blood... Ed F

I prefer to be compared to a shark and not a wolf. I do remember my first post was not a "Hi. This is who I am, these are my interest and I would like to make new friends and talk about hunting" but more of a give me advise on a unit I drew a tag for and can't afford the time to go scout. SARCASM IN THE PREVIOUS LINE. I didn't draw a tag this year but have been to a unit 4 times that I am applying for next year, just in case I draw it I will have a starting point.

I have hunted 5bsouth for a lot of years. When I don't have a tag I always help someone on this hunt. You will not have a problem finding elk even if they are not vocal. Last year was very good especially the second week. Oh and stay out of the cedars there are no bulls there. LOL! GOOD luck on your hunt.

I have hunted the unit a number of times and will be there again this year. It is a fairly small unit that is mostly quality elk habitat. If you are in the unit you are going to be close to some elk. As others have said listen for the bugles and go for it. You should have an exciting hunt.

• Like 1