davehc130

trail cams...NOT FAIR CHASE

Good lord...went out scouting this week...every water source had cameras on them....how is it fair chase if one guy can put cameras on 10 water holes and find where the deer are...no way 15 years ago that same guy could possibly cover all those areas just by glassing and scouting...to me cameras are an unfair advantage.....sure wish AZ would ban them like other states have....cant wait to see what happens when opening day comes and 5 guys all show up at the same water source to hunt the same deer...not to mention all the blinds i found...legally i can climb in any stand and any blind on public land...how is that going to go over when the owner shows up after I am already sitting in their blind or stand?  

18 minutes ago, davehc130 said:

...legally i can climb in any stand and any blind on public land...how is that going to go over when the owner shows up after I am already sitting in their blind or stand?  

Probably about as well as complaining on a hunting forum about all the people hunting in an area you like to.

Give it a try, just make sure to have the regs ready to show them and a camera recording in case things escalate during the encounter.

• Like 1

When you "scout" tanks that have dirt roads leading directly to them you kinda have to expect that some other lazyasses will also be "scouting" that area.

I don't remember the last time I saw another person's trail camera in my area.  Park the UTV & put some miles on your boots, I promise most of your hunting problems will melt away.

• Like 11

Welcome to public land hunting, like mattys said the only way to get away from crowds is to get away from roads.  The 5 guys showing up at a water hole is going be solved very quickly and easily by the first guy to get there, that's if the other hunters have any ethics.  Always have a plan ABC...etc

• Like 1

O ne good thing is with all this rain it will ruin alot of these water holes. Never been a fan of them but don't complain about them anymore either. ............GOOD LUCK HUNTING ALL. ......................BOB!

15 years ago you didnt ride UTV's everywhere either, new technology will keep changing the face of hunting.  But banning one thing will lead to banning something else, and that might be something that you use.  I love cameras just to see what wildlife I can catch on there, would I show up at a waterhole by a road opening day, no way.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mattys281 said:

When you "scout" tanks that have dirt roads leading directly to them you kinda have to expect that some other lazyasses will also be "scouting" that area.

I don't remember the last time I saw another person's trail camera in my area.  Park the UTV & put some miles on your boots, I promise most of your hunting problems will melt away.

well two of the tanks I scouted were about a mile off the two track and even they had cameras.....

1 hour ago, davehc130 said:

well two of the tanks I scouted were about a mile off the two track and even they had cameras.....

So what if there were cameras. You seem to think no one else should be in the woods while you hunt. If there was sign at those tanks be there first and the other issues should take care of themselves. However if you choose to sit in someones  pop up blind don't bother bitching because they kick your butt out of it. I would have no problem backing out if you beat me there but i will be taking my blind with me. 

• Like 2

I remember on a 7west archery elk hunt I built a blind on a water hole way back in there that had a wallow on it. I came back a week later on a scouting trip and I guy put his Stand above my blind and a note in my blind that said reserved for the archery elk season meaning his Stand. I was pissed. I actually ran into him and he was a nice guy and we talked and agreed that it was 1st come first serve. We agreed we were hiking in the same way and we would put a marker of some sort at the beginning of the walk to signify if one of us was already in there and if we saw that we would back out. 

• Like 1

Why dont you complain to G&F?  Oh wait somebody did and they tried and failed to control cameras.  Some even cried big tears 😭 that if cameras were controlled they would lose their lively hood and their children would starve.  LOL  Some camera buffs threaten to kill you if you mess with their stuff.   Lots of good reading if you search this site.  😰😿👑🐑🍃🎲🔫🚼

12 hours ago, davehc130 said:

Good lord...went out scouting this week...every water source had cameras on them....how is it fair chase if one guy can put cameras on 10 water holes and find where the deer are...no way 15 years ago that same guy could possibly cover all those areas just by glassing and scouting...to me cameras are an unfair advantage.....sure wish AZ would ban them like other states have....cant wait to see what happens when opening day comes and 5 guys all show up at the same water source to hunt the same deer...not to mention all the blinds i found...legally i can climb in any stand and any blind on public land...how is that going to go over when the owner shows up after I am already sitting in their blind or stand?  

130....I've kinda started wondering if there is anything about hunting you do enjoy........take a deep breath.....you obivously have issues with.......stuff..... go out and enjoy the hunt because you are prepared for all the crap that can happen out there!!!

Control what you can and enjoy!!!! We all get pissed about something.....how about sharing a fun hunting story with us!!!

• Like 3

Things change! When I was a kid, you started off with a BB gun, then a .22 if you showed that you could safely handle the BB gun, then a center fire rifle. Now days I see guys with their kids barley out of square pants shooting their 300 RUMS. I've never listened to a podcast, nor have I hung a camera in the woods, but it doesn't bother me if someone else does. By the way there was some old timers when I was a kid, who didn't think that using a scope on a rifle was sporting. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, 10Turkeys said:

Things change! When I was a kid, you started off with a BB gun, then a .22 if you showed that you could safely handle the BB gun, then a center fire rifle. Now days I see guys with their kids barley out of square pants shooting their 300 RUMS. I've never listened to a podcast, nor have I hung a camera in the woods, but it doesn't bother me if someone else does. By the way there was some old timers when I was a kid, who didn't think that using a scope on a rifle was sporting. 

My dad was anti scope.......if you couldn't see it with your bare eye and use open sites you had no business shooting.......

• Like 3