davehc130

trail cams...NOT FAIR CHASE

Most water holes are on roads anyways. It's not the water you need to hit- it's the paths that lead up to it.

And that's almost evident by google earth! A quick trip and a walk 100 yards up a trail will confirm it.

Cry me a river, this is why I left this forum for a while. Bunch of whining cry babies always b*itching about something. For hells sake, just go hunting and have fun. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

If its legal and you don't like it press on, how can something on a tree ruin your entire day..? maybe because you let it? That's what's wrong with a lot of things these days its only a issue because you make it.  I quit worrying about stuff along time ago, always have a plan A/B/C ect... There isn't any secret spots and its everyone's woods. Just go out and have a good time If you area isn't what you like adapt and over come, A day in the woods is better than a day at work if you cant realize that maybe you need a new hobby?

• Like 3

Maybe you just need some animal crackers to feel better.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sorry AZBIG10..   Not as often. If there is a puddle a mile in the woods why would they come clear to the tank. Doesn't make sense. You can sit the water hole I will sit the puddle.  Sure there is allways a couple dumb robotic animals that will still come to the tank out of habit and they are the rag horns  that get killed.(have at them). And maybee right now they will as they eat along the way. But in hunting season things change.. I been hunting over 50 years, Not saying I know it all . If You happen to be old and alot of experience ,MY bad. Maybee You know something I don't. If You are Young not alot of exp. then hopefully You just learned a lesson. I am not here to bad mouth anyone on purpose.. AT 62 I still learn stuff all the time...GOOD LUCK. HUNTING..............BOB!............PS I have an idea ,Lets get some opinions on this. THANKS      ..BOB!

• Like 2

On 8/23/2018 at 10:34 AM, ThomC said:

Why dont you complain to G&F?  Oh wait somebody did and they tried and failed to control cameras.  Some even cried big tears 😭 that if cameras were controlled they would lose their lively hood and their children would starve.  LOL  Some camera buffs threaten to kill you if you mess with their stuff.   Lots of good reading if you search this site.  😰😿👑🐑🍃🎲🔫🚼

i did bring the issue up at the meeting....some states did make rules to limits cameras....I will again support making them illegal when the issues comes back around....need to keep hunting fair chase....

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 10:37 AM, Non-Typical Solutions said:

130....I've kinda started wondering if there is anything about hunting you do enjoy........take a deep breath.....you obivously have issues with.......stuff..... go out and enjoy the hunt because you are prepared for all the crap that can happen out there!!!

Control what you can and enjoy!!!! We all get pissed about something.....how about sharing a fun hunting story with us!!!

hey I love hunting....went out this week and pulled a dead deer out of tank so as to not rot and ruin the tank....hope the guy that had his camera on the tank just below this water source is greatful..if I didn't like other hunters I would have left it there.....glassed up two 340 plus bulls and a few deer....and yep if you cant beat them join them I put up 2 cameras...which is all i own on some tanks....but as I was telling my wife who went with me that the elk and deer will not be hitting the tanks with all the water around...we watch 8 bulls water below the same tank that had 4 cameras on it...not one pic of those bulls will make be on the cameras....but three week til elk season so eventually those puddles will dry up and the bulls will hit the tanks....but the deer would much prefer to drink out of puddles so next week I will be focusing on glassing and stalking vice tank sitting....good luck to the "HUNTERS" this weekend....569092917_ScreenShot2018-08-23at11_38_33AM.png.d4a37c733f9362710d82ca981dab83ee.pngIMG_7779.thumb.jpg.ebabca046abc70ff6c8ff84db020884e.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 11:20 AM, DesertBull said:

How will you feel if he just legally takes his ladder or tree steps and you are left dangling 30 feet off the ground?

well since I pack in my own stand or blind it wont be a issue....

On 8/23/2018 at 11:20 AM, DesertBull said:

How will you feel if he just legally takes his ladder or tree steps and you are left dangling 30 feet off the ground?

What you should ask is how would I feel if a "guy" sold GPS waypoints to the areas I was hunting to make a profit off public land...well not so good....but hey if it is legal to sell such a service does not make it morally or ethical...but there will always be those people that care more about the dollar than about sportsmanship....hopefully AZ will follow the example of other states and make it illegal....then maybe internet hunters will actually have to go make an effort to find areas....but when one guy can tip the scale so far out of balance by selling UNLIMITED packages then that to me is unsportsmanlike .....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davehc130 said:

i did bring the issue up at the meeting....some states did make rules to limits cameras....I will again support making them illegal when the issues comes back around....need to keep hunting fair chase....

So back east they hunt deer with dogs, is that illegal or not fair chase? What you are calling "fair chase" is actually ethics. Everybody has theirs so don't push your values on others. To some compound bows, crossbows, high power optics, scent killer, bait or salt, food plots, inline muzzle loaders, or long range rifles are not "fair chase". You want to change the laws then work to change them. Time for me to get more cheese to read your post.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Red Sparky said:

So back east they hunt deer with dogs, is that illegal or not fair chase? What you are calling "fair chase" is actually ethics. Everybody has theirs so don't push your values on others. To some compound bows, crossbows, high power optics, scent killer, bait or salt, food plots, inline muzzle loaders, or long range rifles are not "fair chase". You want to change the laws then work to change them. Time for me to get more cheese to read your post.

Well in NY you can shoot a dog running a deer.   In VA they run deer.. and yes I think running deer with dogs is unethical especially since dog don’t stop at a property line.  I lived in VA and many occasions I had dogs run through my lease chasing deer..... so that to me is unethical as it impacted my hunt and my property.  I could not hunt their property but their dogs were allowed to run deer off my lease.  Is that fair????

• Like 1