davehc130

people selling hunting spots on line....your thoughts

So my bear hunting area got over run with hunters this year....I was wondering why such a huge increase this year...what changed....then I found a webpage that is selling GPS coordinates and maps to hunting area...just to see what he was offering I bought a package...well I was very sad to see that my area was highlight and sold to anyone with $20...that is what he is selling areas for...I'm not going to give his webpage out or name, but what are your thoughts....

Not sure how you can make his service illegal, but I think it sucks...he is making $$$ selling hunting areas with NO LIMIT to the number of hunters he sends to these areas....of course there will be the hunters that say, get off the road, go find new areas...hike in...but this guy is giving out specific spots that are way off the road...tons of people then go to these spots....

Guides can only take a limited number of people into an area, but there is literally NO LIMIT to the number of packages this guy can sell.....

social media and the internet ruining hunting....

Should Game and fish consider making selling GPS and areas illegal to sell on the internet???

well since many of your called me a liar I have edited the post...so here is where you can buy actual GPS locations for $19.95.....since it seems many of you think I am just stirring the pot....I recommend you go buy all his packages to learn the spots to stay away from and put more money in his pocket until the point comes where your honey hole is over run....cheers....Opening day for deer....good luck to you all...

Wy has the right picture   See link below   

http://www.desertbull.com

https://blog.eastmans.com/outlawedbiggamegpscoordinatesales/

• Like 1

I don't believe you at all. I don't even know that you are in fact a hunter. I feel as though you are an antihunter here simply to start crap. I am done with you.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

Who would pay for a package when you can just listen to a podcast that gives spots away for free?

• Like 5

A Monk entered a Monistary, taking a vow of silence. On his 1 year anniversary the Monsignor said to the Monk that he would be allowed to speak two words. The Monk said Food Bad. Again on his second year the Monsignor said to the Monk that he would be allowed to speak two words. The Monk said Bed Hard. Shortly after the Monsignor was told that the Monk had slipped away during the night. The Monsignor replied Its no wonder, all he did was complain.

• Like 1

Dave it sucks but you are not going to win. You are hunting public land, and with social media we are all screwed. I get it that you spend your money and time trying to hunt, but nothing is going to change, just got to accept it. I can totally see these guys e-scouting on google maps pin pointing tanks, springs, drainages, terrain, roads etc and then selling the info online. I know one guy that is doing this, he’s making good money I assume. Not sure how busy he is, just does it on the side. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Who is this Weiny. He whines  More than I do. Prob an anti just trying to stir things up. I will take Him to a honey, don't know if he will make it back .LOL..................BOB!

If the spot is being sold online, then it was never a "secret" to begin with. 

Not trying  to pile on,  but dude, get over it. Just like someone showed the spot to you, someone else showed it to everyone else. 

Come on over to 4b where the real trophies are and you will forget all your worries....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I gave the dude a free pass on the podcast post. Then raised an eyebrow on the trail cam post. Now this?  Smells fishy to me. I wonder what's coming down the pipe, "lighted nocks ruining hunting". 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1