davehc130

people selling hunting spots on line....your thoughts

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

He might get his skirt ruffled.

Nobody with a late kaibab tag could ever get their skirt ruffled.  

• Like 2

Bottom line is no public land Hunting spot belongs to nobody. I don't care how many years You hunted it or how many days this year You have scouted it. I have even heard of out fitters that post guys in areas where they want no one to go cause they have a hunter in the area., and guys have been threatend.  If asked nicely I would leave. But threatend,I would go rite to G&F.. The problem is to dang many people in AZ. anymore. We don't need to recruit hunters enough parents teach their kids to hunt..................BOB!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davehc130 said:

Well if you go back to original post I never mentioned him by name and yes a few others do it... but yes he did single handedly ruined my spot this year.. only thing that changed from the last to this year and the previous 30 years was he just happened to post and sell the area I had been hunting since 1985.... so this is not specifically about him but the overall issue of selling gps hunting spots.  Other states have outlawed this as they soon realized the practice was impacting wildlife and herd numbers.  So guy can cast aspersions that I’m wimpy, I could careless. Not interested in whether some yahoo can take me or not.  Interested in preserving hunting quality and opportunity.  

That particular site has been selling those scouting packages for a while. I doubt this was the first year they sold the information for that area. I understand that your honey hole all of a sudden got overrun and I know that sucks but trying to place the blame on that one site is ridiculous.

Is it the same desertbull that’s a member here? Seems like a sweet deal. Have to have a guide license to sell info?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cjl2010 said:

Is it the same desertbull that’s a member here? Seems like a sweet deal. Have to have a guide license to sell info?

No but I bet he does.  But again I’m not addressing a specific person but rather the practice as a whole.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, davehc130 said:

No but I bet he does.  But again I’m not addressing a specific person but rather the practice as a whole.  

And if they outlaw selling the scouting packages and people give the information out on forums such as this for no profit you will have no problem with it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cjl2010 said:

Bob is super old anyways I think you could take him!!

Careful there, whippersnapper. Your young brain doesn't understand an old man's trigger.

With brittle bones and slower reflexes, we tend to club, stab or shoot first, contact defense lawyer later...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Edge said:

Careful there, whippersnapper. Your young brain doesn't understand an old man's trigger.

With brittle bones and slower reflexes, we tend to club, stab or shoot first, contact defense lawyer later...

Oh god please don't make him feel like his life is being threatened again...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Edge said:

Are you saying your going to kill me with your trigger! Are people on this forum going to let dangerous men like you make such violent threats!! 

Edge, you old timers are always on my beware of list, not sure if you guys are tougher or just forgot what pain was 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, cjl2010 said:

Are you saying your going to kill me with your trigger! Are people on this forum going to let dangerous men like you make such violent threats!! 

Edge, you old timers are always on my beware of list, not sure if you guys are tougher or just forgot what pain was 🤣

Pain? It hurts to tie my shoes. The Alzheimer's helps me forget.

• Like 3