davehc130

people selling hunting spots on line....your thoughts

On 8/24/2018 at 11:27 AM, davehc130 said:

WTF..you are threatening to KILL me?  IS that what you are saying?  Why would I not make it back?  SO I bring up a valid issue and you want me dead....thats how you demonstrate how to be a sportsman....

First of all Bob couldn’t hurt anyone. And second sounds like you are a bit jealous that you didn’t think of it first.

There is an old thread from 2011 titled Desert Bull Scouting that also addresses this subject.

I noticed some of his photos are available for purchase on another site for anyone.

11 hours ago, oz31p said:

Have we meet? How did you know my name is Francis? I thought this whole inter web thingy was anonymous. 

1) Hello. My name is Francis and I would hunt for a living if I could make it pay.

2) Hello. My name is Francis and I sell internet guide tips for a living.

3) Hello. My name is Francis and I pilot commercial aircraft when I am not out scouting for the next set of bones.

4) Hello. My name is Francis and I am a flooring contractor when I am not hunting.

5) Hello. My name is Francis. DILLIGAF.

Will the real Francis please stand up?

Sorry, Francis. Your name just has that ring to it.

If there is no unknown out there, what's the fun of that? You need some hunters in a unit to be trying to call in a gobbler in tortilla flat, and him thinking that he had a chance. To him he thought the day was great, and it was a learning experience for him. When you're putting all of the tag holders in a few specific areas where the animals of the unit kind of concentrate it ruins everyone's hunt. 

26 minutes ago, brian390 said:

If there is no unknown out there, what's the fun of that? You need some hunters in a unit to be trying to call in a gobbler in tortilla flat, and him thinking that he had a chance. To him he thought the day was great, and it was a learning experience for him. When you're putting all of the tag holders in a few specific areas where the animals of the unit kind of concentrate it ruins everyone's hunt.

Amen brother!!!!!

• Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 10:37 AM, ThomC said:

Well,    buy all units and post them on the site then Amanda can create a sticky for them.  That will fix them.   😎😂👸💃🐵🍖

Don't give her any ideas she probably will.

On 8/27/2018 at 5:25 AM, Flatlander said:

I don’t read this as preventing someone for selling “spots” to hunt from. I read the intent as preventing someone from selling the location of a specific animal.

in AZ these commissioner tag holders often pay several $ “finders fee” to someone who provides the location of a big buck or bull.

I think you would be hard pressed to keep someone from selling starting points like you have posted. And to be honest, why anyone would be willing to pay for such info is beyond me. My worst hunting fear is ending up in a place that is posted online, so why the heck would I pay for that experience.

From Flatlander from this quoted post above that was previously posted. The draft bill from Wyoming includes language that reads, "no person shall provide to a hunter for remuneration the location information of any previously scouted big or trophy game animal for the purpose of aiding the hunter in the taking of the big or trophy game animal,"

Now read the response about the language of the bill in the quote in white above.

But if you go to his website his scouting packages state how many days that he spends in the field for your particular scouting package that you are purchasing. He provides pictures of the animals and so on. That would mean that if the person were to purchase that particular package and end up harvesting that animal that was scouted it would be illegal by this wording in the statement above.

On 8/24/2018 at 7:29 PM, trphyhntr said:

meanwhile desert bull is glassing from a spot with nobody around lol

Or animals

3 hours ago, brian390 said:

From Flatlander from this quoted post above that was previously posted. The draft bill from Wyoming includes language that reads, "no person shall provide to a hunter for remuneration the location information of any previously scouted big or trophy game animal for the purpose of aiding the hunter in the taking of the big or trophy game animal,"

Now read the response about the language of the bill in the quote in white above.

But if you go to his website his scouting packages state how many days that he spends in the field for your particular scouting package that you are purchasing. He provides pictures of the animals and so on. That would mean that if the person were to purchase that particular package and end up harvesting that animal that was scouted it would be illegal by this wording in the statement above.

Yeah I was just talking about the stuff Dave posted.  Wyoming is definitely trying to stop the “Finders Fee” element.

36 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Yeah I was just talking about the stuff Dave posted.  Wyoming is definitely trying to stop the “Finders Fee” element.

Thanks for the input and views.  I think based on that scenario what he is doing is illegal.    I think I will as G&F what there view of it is....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, davehc130 said:

Thanks for the input and views.  I think based on that scenario what he is doing is illegal.    I think I will as G&F what there view of it is....

What law is he breaking?

On 8/24/2018 at 11:28 PM, davehc130 said:

agree with everything you said....thanks for your input vice the personal bashing.....I will be out hunting for 9 days starting tuesday....plan on hiking back in on a few areas a couple of miles to get away from the crowds....

How far from the crowds can you be if you are still complaining about spots being over run when you are posting instead of hunting?