Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Lightning PSA

I’m willing to bet every person reading this has been caught in nasty lightning.

A friend from work wanted to try archery hunting. New hunter. So I set him up on Mt Ord. His brother went with him, and setup a stand 100 yards further down the mountain.

Lots of doe all day- and then I get a text that his brothers tree got nailed with lightning with him in it. Fortunately it took the brunt of the blast and the paramedics gave him the ok. Thank god! There was a storm about 10-15 miles west and they thought they were clear.

Just be safe out there.. you never know. 

For those who don’t know, apparently lightning can travel up to twenty miles. Monsoon season in Az is no joke. Especially this year.

(What a first day on a first hunt)

• Like 1

Had this happen to me hiking out of the Gila. Storm moved in and started raining and lightening, I started double timing it down the trail. The water was running off the rocks when the hair on my neck and arms stood straight up. I got in the kneel down position and lightening struck a tree close by. I was close enough the water carried the charge so my whole body tingled. Scary times and glad nobody was seriously injured.

That sucks glad he is ok.

watched a chick on a jet ski get zapped at lake pleasant while i was fishing in front of pipeline many years ago. the storm was at crownking blue skies every where else. she made it too  but they air evact her to the hospitol