Sign in to follow this  
Beaton

Azgfd closed roads into my elk honey hole

Well, I'm going to follow the rules. I'll set my dad on some water that has been productive. My daughter has a tag with us also and is pumped so bottom line is we will put the miles on our boots if need be. Hey we have an early archery bull tag and we are going to have fun regardless. My daughter has 8 days to hunt and dad and I have the whole hunt so we should be able to get it done. Good luck everyone I hope everyone that has tags has a good hunt!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lucafu1 said:

It has been awhile since Ive been in 5B but they had a lot of roads closed to off road vehicles but open to street legal only. They did have a few that were completely closed to everyone but not many. It was a pain in the butt trying to navigate with my GPS and the forest service map.

I was using Avenza maps app on my phone last year and it worked pretty well. Just load the travel maps you need and and u can follow right along as you go and can see if the road ur on is open and what it’s open to. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My dad and I have hunted 5b alot. I'm not against the road closures and game retrieval laws up there. For the last 4-5 years they have had forest service and volunteers monitoring for off road travel. 

• Like 1

Talked to Game and fish. I cannot drive in there to retrieve my elk so if we get one in there we will bring the pack frames and get it out of there.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2018 at 11:32 AM, Beaton said:

Talked to Game and fish. I cannot drive in there to retrieve my elk so if we get one in there we will bring the pack frames and get it out of there.

Buy a wood permit and throw a saw in your truck.  Cut a stick of wood or 2 while you get your elk out.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, buffhunter said:

Buy a wood permit and throw a saw in your truck.  Cut a stick of wood or 2 while you get your elk out.

Dom with the voice of experience there...awesome.

• Like 1

Your saying it's open to wood cutting? Or did I totally miss something, I'm sure the trolls will let me know. Lol

• Like 1

21 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Your saying it's open to wood cutting? Or did I totally miss something, I'm sure the trolls will let me know. Lol

Yes wood cutting season should be open.  Call the local FS office and see.