Sign in to follow this  
Snapshot

U of A / ASU Football

gotta give credit where credit is due, ASU played great last night, the defense was impressive. If the QB was more accurate, I think ASU wouldn't of had such a tough time, he over threw every pass except one and the best / beast of a WR made a great catch. 

UA looks horrible, Sumlin is getting roasted, wasting Tate and the record shows, he better get it sorted out. UA's defense is atrocious and undermaned.    

• Like 3

That ASU game was fun to watch. Redman, you are right on about Wilkins issue with sailing so many passes last night. Had he been a little more accurate, the game might not have been so close. I found it interesting how he was all over his receivers when he didn't like their routes or felt they made a bad play. Oh well, it made for a great game. The defense was impressive. Can't remember the last time I could say that. I wasn't expecting much from my devils this season, but maybe they can compete in the PAC 12 and make it a great season. 

Going to be a long season for Sumlin, if they lose the next game.

On a side note, ex Wildcat player, Cayleb Jones, was released by the Vikings for off field behavior issues. Seems he got himself in some trouble.

21 hours ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

ASU  gonna get a whoopin tonight.

Care to use your mulligan??? 😄

I was most impressed with the coaching in the last few minutes. ASU might have been able to score a TD if they ran the football, but smarter minds prevailed. Executing an actual running play could have led to a fumble, and using a pass play could have resulted in an interception or stopping the clock on an incompletion. Thus, the decision to take a knee and run the clock down was perfect. Worst that could have happened was a missed field goal resulting in overtime. 

All in all, it was a good game, despite Wilkins' problem with the vertical passing game. Defense made some key stops when needed, and the offense scored enough points to win. On to next week with SDS lurking in the bushes hoping for an ambush. 

• Like 1

How bout them DEVILS. LOOK like team play from 30 years ago. .....CAN YOU say coaching..................BOB!

I'm neither an ASU or UA fan (undergrad at Utah), but I wouldn't be too optimistic over the Michigan State win.  MSU nearly lost to Utah State on it's home opener the week before.  That team never should have been ranked Top 25 in the first place.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:40 AM, trophyseeker said:

On to next week with SDS lurking in the bushes hoping for an ambush. 

I should have bet on SDSU. 🤑

Too much poor play from bad tackling to a not-so-hot offensive scheme.