Hoss50

Kaibab Deer Check Station

When you bring a deer in for check, what condition does the carcass need to be in, of what do you have to show proof of? 

They don't care, my  buck was boned and in the cooler, they just want a tooth and gland sample. But do not forgot to check it. I had a buddy in the late season and the check station was closed so he went home, posted a picture, and they came and fined him for not checking him in. Very confusing

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

My question is do you still need a habitat stamp or is it now part of our license?

1 hour ago, wildwoody said:

They don't care, my  buck was boned and in the cooler, they just want a tooth and gland sample. But do not forgot to check it. I had a buddy in the late season and the check station was closed so he went home, posted a picture, and they came and fined him for not checking him in. Very confusing

That is kind of weird. I guess if you get a deer late in the day you can't go home, because they're closed for the night.  You would think that if they wanted to see it that bad that they would be there at night. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wildwoody said:

My question is do you still need a habitat stamp or is it now part of our license?

I just looked at the regs, and can't find anything about a habitat stamp. Maybe someone on here knows more.

• Like 1

Ya, but it is required, I think they are there until 7pm, you can always chance it, I wouldn't

6 minutes ago, brian390 said:

I just looked at the regs, and can't find anything about a habitat stamp. Maybe someone on here knows more.

I believe it part of your hunting license, back in the day a bab tag was more then any other unit. Don't forget to kill some  Squarls that look like house cats

• Like 1

On 9/3/2018 at 9:13 PM, wildwoody said:

Ya, but it is required, I think they are there until 7pm, you can always chance it, I wouldn't

True. It would be nice if they were there until at least midnight.

I allways carry that lion tag too>>>>>>>>>>..................BOB!

• Like 2

I have a lion tag in my pocket every year now. It is my defense to ward off lion encounters. 

• Like 3

Habitat stamp is now part of your license or tag. So no need to worry about it. 

The check station was open till like 9pm last year on the hunts when i was up there.

• Like 1