Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

2018 Dove Hunting Season Results

Dove season growing up was one of my favorite hunts ever with my Dad and brother.  Grew up hunting the dairys out in Buckeye and Rainbow Valley. Now for my 2 boys its the same. Every year they look forward to it.  My son came back from college just for this weekend.  I am lucky to have a buddy Kenny who lets us hunt his property.  Kenny reached out a few years ago to Veterans to hunt dove on his property which was very nice of him.  Thx Kenny for keeping the memories for my family.  He also has a bad a$$ bird dog.  The one in the pic is his Dove dog and his GSP is his quail dog which is amazing.  This dog saved so many birds, she's amazing.  Here are some birds from our group of people.  Cooked the birds up on the Traegar.  Soaked the birds in Buttermilk for 24 hours, then added salt, pepper, garlic, put a small piece of green chile across it, then on top of that a bacon strip.  Cooked for about 1 hour on 325F and everyone loved it.  

675188330_Dove2.png.c11fccd737063932b4b0fe9cd32ef61f.png1861033537_Dove3.png.06dab6ab977cde12ce6de5cde726f634.png2054702305_Dove1.thumb.jpg.ae7d5b4d03651e7fb09d6a5b4e5e5f91.jpg

• Like 4

That's what it's all about. Having a dog is a big plus. I lost a few to the cotton. I was very fortunate to hunt a property that had many doves.

This was literally the worst weekend of dove hunting I can ever remember. One bird on Saturday. One bird on Monday.

It was still a great time spent with all 3 of my kiddos. This was the first time my 4 yo daughter has been out with us, and she was all over it.

Almost got our limit yesterday, morning was sort of kind of cool, the breeze kept the bugs away and not one snake, great day!!!!

31922734-4D87-4158-8EFA-6437C62D4776.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PRDATR said:

That's what it's all about. Having a dog is a big plus. I lost a few to the cotton. I was very fortunate to hunt a property that had many doves.

Agreed and that darn pond too!!! Great weekend of wing shooting.

• Like 2